New York-Hudson Valley

What Wedding Woes Keep You Awake At Night??

A rant, but also a way to know I'm not alone :)

I have bridesmaids who are fighting and I know they are fighting, but no one will tell me why... I can't believe that an officiant is so expensive, I should probably become one as a side job to pay for my wedding haha... FI and I are paying for the wedding 98% ourselves and yet certain family members keep complaining about the price of everything, yes I know how expensive it is, we are paying LOL...  I want to invite 163 people, but realistically we can only afford 130 max, so that totally sucks and stresses me out every time I look at my spreadsheet! The hair stylist I have been using forever and ever left her salon, didn't notify clients, and now I have to find someone else to do my hair for my wedding :/  What are we going to do with our dog during our wedding and the honeymoon? I think that one stresses me out the most!

Wheew.... done, anyone else?? :)

Re: What Wedding Woes Keep You Awake At Night??

• edited December 2011
    MONEY!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_wedding-woes-keep-awake-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:44623a91-8922-4b5d-b41d-ea0f0e4daaa3Post:b779a8b3-c508-49f2-b958-7a1fbcaa7f52">Re: What Wedding Woes Keep You Awake At Night??</a>:
    [QUOTE]MONEY!!!
    Posted by EIHRHM[/QUOTE]

This.
  • njdaisy86njdaisy86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI told me that I'm stressing myself out by all the extra DIY projects i'm taking on.  My response was that I wasn't stressing about all the extra projects that I was getting done, as opposed stressing about to all the tasks on HIS list that WASN'T getting done.  Can anyone relate?
  • BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The wedding itself keeps me up at night. I go over the night before at the hotel and the day of in my heads every night imagining what it's gonna be like. I think about the wedding basically 24/7 even when I'm sleeping I sometimes have wedding nightmares. It drives me nuts sometimes how much I love planning this wedding.

Jaimie
  • edited December 2011

money. money. money. school. money.

who's going to take care of the critters when we're away? the cats are going to FMIL's, but what about the rest of the zoo??? that has me very worried.

the limo isn't going to show up on time.

it's going to rain.

i can't decide on a centerpiece and it's driving me nuts.

i always feel like there's something else that needs to be done and i'm not doing it.

i honestly just can't wait for this to be over lol

• kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Transportation issues kept me up at night for months on end. We were taking our photos beforehand, a few members of the wedding party don't drive because they live in cities, and all had dates coming. In the end, everything worked out perfectly but it was stressful.

What to do with our dog was also a huge stress. We refused to kennel him, so originally my sister was supposed to spend the week at our house to watch him. Well, my grandma passed away on our wedding day so my sister was busy obviously, so he spent the week at my ILs.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    What a great question to post! My biggest stress with the wedding is my FMIL. For the year and a half that we've been engaged she's hardly ever asked me about the wedding at all or offered to help in any way. Finally last week she asked FI and I to lunch and told us she wouldn't be able to attend the wedding. (She's a Jehovah's Witness and we're having a traditional Catholic ceremony). It's constantly on my mind and I have nightmares of her trying to sabotage our special day.

Other than the just the usual wedding woes that everyone can relate to- money, weather, guest list, etc.

I'm so ready for it to be June so that I can be DONE with the planning. I'm ready for the day to be here!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Being able to pay for everything. That's the big one.

Getting everything done. With about 2 1/2 months to go, I panic about that too.

And that'll it'll be terrible and no one will have fun. I'm sure that won't be the case, but sometimes the fears just snowball in the middle of the night ;-P
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_wedding-woes-keep-awake-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:44623a91-8922-4b5d-b41d-ea0f0e4daaa3Post:d47c9a3a-b10d-4b58-b3a8-f48992283e47">Re: What Wedding Woes Keep You Awake At Night??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Wedding Woes Keep You Awake At Night?? : This.
    Posted by princess vespa[/QUOTE]

double quoting, lol THIS THIS THIS  oh the quote didnt work so well, MONEY
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • .jae..jae. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so funny that you posted this! just last night before bed I randomly found some girl's bio on project wedding and I took one look at her dress and my heart stopped. I fell in love with it and all of a sudden I hated my dress and I was literally up for hours panicking about all the reasons why this dress is better than mine! and the craziest part is, I LOVE my dress. I just never thought I would love another one even more. Needless to say, I'm still thinking about it. :/

Also, rain. If it rains on my wedding day, our back up plan is pretty much crap compared to what it would be. but at least we have a back up, is what I keep telling myself!
  • SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As a newly engaged bride, my worry is that I’ve made my engagement too long.  Seems silly, but I don’t want to be one of those brides who are so over the wedding planning process towards the end that they get bitter. 

Couldn’t probably afford it any earlier anyway, but I just want to stay positive and enjoy the experience! It makes it so much more enjoyable for everyone else involved.   

Oh yeah and money, of course!!!

• edited December 2011
    The weather is what kept me up, i was so worried because all it did in Sept was rain, luckily my wedding day was the nicest day we had most of the summer. i also wondered if everything i did was good enough
  • edited December 2011
    Budget!! And I keep dreaming that it's the day of and I forgot to book vendors... FI makes fun of me, but it's so much more stressful for me then it is for him!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • akardasakardas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What keeps me up is the conversation that I will have to have with my dad informing him that he will not be walking me down the aisle (and that my mom is).  I think he will understand, but yet it keeps me up.

The newest thing on top of it, we decided not to get a videographer and have a friend record for us during the ceremony.  Now I am dreaming about regretting it.  Ugh! Now I am all confused about what we want. 
    176imageInvited; 118imageYes!; 58imagehave other plans;
  • edited December 2011
    I dreamt two days ago that I ordered my invitations and wasn't crazy about them.  I've ordered samples and looked through some mags, but this it got to be my next check!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I wake up from dreams about being at my wedding but having forgotten to plan things... Like one night I forgot to buy a dress - one I didn't send out invitations.  I wake up crying!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards