Christian Weddings

Hello Ladies!

Hi everyone! I'm new on this board, not to TK though. I have been sticking to the July 2013 and Etiquette boards, but I have some questions about what to do for our ceremony. We are are Christians and what that to show in our ceremony, but we don't want a long ceremony. How did you guys know what order to do everything in and what bible verses/prayers/readings to use? I feel like I am so confused about the order of the wedding. All I can think is walk down with my dad to groom, say a prayer, say our vows, say " I DO"(not sure the order of those two), I now pronounce you husband and wife you may kiss the bride. 
What did you ladies do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello Ladies!

• I don't have a copy of our program on this computer, but our ceremony went like this:
    - Processional
    - Prayer
    - Reading
    - Minister from our church spoke briefly
    - Officiant spoke breifly
    - Vows, "I do's", kiss
    - Recessional

It was less than 20 minutes and perfect for us and our guests. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • ours was pretty much the same as PP.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_hello-ladies-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:60580a69-d9ba-4cde-a7d7-abeafb719a01Post:53cac39a-b5e0-445a-8405-14d4f57707dd">Re: Hello Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have a copy of our program on this computer, but our ceremony went like this: - Processional - Prayer - Reading - Minister from our church spoke briefly - Officiant spoke breifly - Vows, "I do's", kiss - Recessional It was less than 20 minutes and perfect for us and our guests. 
    Posted by mrandmrsbrist[/QUOTE]

Ours will be this, except we aren't having a reading, but we are having a unity candle. As for any scripture that will be read during the ceremony, I'm leaving that up to our pastor!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We talked to our officiate (in our case, it was DH's dad) about his typical Order of Service and how to fit in what we wanted to add.  In the end, it looked like this (45 minutes from processional to recessional...it looks longer than it was):

• Prelude (30 mins on CD)
    • Seating of Moms and Grandparents
    • Ushers Unroll Aisle Runner and Men Enter
    • Processional
    • Congregational Hymn
    • Welcome
    • Invocation
    • Giving of the Bride
    • Statement of Marriage/Declaration of Intent (Do you take this woman...I do)
    • Gospel Message
    • Slideshow
    • Sermonette
    • Vows (...for better or worse...)
    • Rings
    • Cord of Three Strands
    • Charge to the Guests
    • Signing of Marriage Covenant
    • Benediction
    • Pronouncement and Kiss
    • Introduction
    • Recessional

• Ours wasn't incredibly long either - 30ish minutes.  Followed the order in the Book of Common Prayer (traditional Episcopalian ceremony).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks for all of your help ladies :) This helps alot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards