New York-Western

Need some help finding wedding shops in Buffalo/Niagara Falls area

Hi There
I posted on the Invites and paper wall too but I thought I would also try here because other posters recommended it.  This weekend my mom and I are headed to Buffalo/Niagara Falls, from Ontario to do some shopping.  Some for wedding and some personal.  I am still looking for shoes, programs for my wedding, favour bags/boxes and tags.  Is there anywhere in that area that sell those sorts of things and for a good price?  If we go to a David's Bridal are they just dresses and the paper items are online only?  My aunt lives in Utah and she said that Walmart and Target down there have an area of the store devoted to wedding items.  Just wondering if it's worth looking into those kinds of stores... or even some party supply stores.  Can anyone suggest of recommend somewhere to look? Trying to stay on a budget.

Re: Need some help finding wedding shops in Buffalo/Niagara Falls area

• degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shoes- I would suggest Zappos. Online store that has free shipping and if you don't like them or they don't fit you just ship them back. I ordered a few pairs of shoes and picked the one I liked and shipped the rest back. if you don't want to try an online store the outlets mall probably has plenty of shoe stores, or the big stores like DSW, Shoe Outlet or Famous Footwear. I also like Macy's selection as well.

Programs/Favor Bags- I would try craft stores like Joann Fabrics, Ac Moore, Michaels, etc. You can print coupons of the internet. They all take each other coupons. If you go on Sunday pick up a sunday paper there is usually craft store coupons in the sunday paper, Also as your Aunt said walmart and target do carry some wedding stuff. If you really don't like anything you see you could try party city but they are expensive in my opinion.

I believe David's Bridal is just dresses and dress acces. but I am not sure on that. I am not a big fan of David's.

As a side note I made my own programs out of plain linen paper and card stock. This might be an option for you. It was relatively easy and didn't take that much time.

Good Luck and happy shopping!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Nicole7109Nicole7109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest checking out the Wedding Agent. They are located at 3757 Delaware Avenue ,Kenmore New York 14217. They have a nice selection of wedding accessories. They don't have shoes there, but they definitely could help you with programs and things for your favors. Heres the link to the website: http://www.theweddingagent.org/#!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Just an FYI you can try Davids, but they are kind of horrible. OK, I have had really bad experiences with them. Anywho, I recently went to Dyed to Match and they have a pretty big selection of shoes. They carry other stuff too, but I just went in for shoes for my SIL's wedding. They are located on Transit Road near Cracker Barrell :)

~ CA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards