California-Bay Area

Photography & Videography woes

I just got quoted $5400 for videography and $9000 for photography. Are these people on crack? 

Does any one have any recommendations for photographers and videographers in the east bay (or willing to travel to the east bay) that don't expect me to pay them nearly $15k for a final product I could produce if I weren't stuck in the big white dress all day? :-P

Thanks for any help! :) 
Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com

Re: Photography & Videography woes

• http://apracticalwedding.com/vendors/?c[]=180&price=&text=&region=west

Even those were too pricey for us.

Our photographer is Paul von Schwarzenfeld. We were very happy with our engagement photos.
  • We're using Modern Love photography.
    They're a bit pricey, but between us sneaking in before prices went up and firm negotiations, we were able to get the following for $4200:
    -Engagement session (including professional hair + makeup)
    -16 picture book of E session
    -Boudoir session (also including hair + makeup)
    -All day wedding coverage for 1 photographer
    -Rights to all photos
    -All photos on memory card

They also offer a videographer (I think) among larger and more inclusive packages.
    We haven't had our Esession yet, but her portfolio is stunning and worth checking out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks guys! This is great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Im using George Street Photography, they are based out of Chicago but have offices in SF too and are those liek package comapnies. I liked the work of their photographers and I got to pick my favorrite photographer out and they all have a set price. It was about 6k for two photograpaher, 1 vidoegrapher for all day wedding, and engagement photo session
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have friends that do photography and videography.  They are doing my wedding.  Regular price for videography is around $1000.00 and photography is around $1500.00.  That doesn't include prints though.  It does include two shooters I think... and the whole day of (both people getting ready, wedding, reception, etc.  I think it includes a pre-wedding shoot also and rights to all of the photos)    If you want their information, let me know.

The videographer that I know is young, but she is awesome.  And she produces films also.  She does great editing work.  ( I know she has done a lot of weddings, in addition to her film work).   The photographer is just starting out, but she has a very experienced mentor that does second shooting with her. 
  • We are using Gladys Jem(click), she is great and our package is $3000.

We are probably going to use a videographer from LA, but are also considering Bryan Mclain(click). Some others that our wedding planner referred us to are Northbound Films(click) and REB6Studios (click).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Consider looking at our photographers, they are a husband and wife team and they are amazing.  I know that they are based in Los Angeles but willing to travel.  Check them out here, their names are Chris and Gina from Chris Holt Photography - www.choltphotography.com

We are still unsure of our videographers at this time, but are narrowing this down slowly... I hope ;)

Congrats on the BIG DAY!  
  • smartsab17smartsab17 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Hey not sure if you're still looking but  You might want to check out http://www.entfusion.com.  I just came across it myself a little while back (I think it's pretty new) and they have several different photographers, dj's, videographers, and other vendors whose profile you can view and then message each of them (I messaged a few of them to get different quotes).  And they were all really friendly and reasonably priced too! 

Just be sure to only enter the state and profession though in your search.  Because they seem to be pretty new, doing a specific city search doesnt always return results.  But I think most the vendors on there are pretty flexible with regards to going to different cities in the Bay Area.
  • Yea tell me about it. I'm on a tight budget, but I found an awesome photographer - Hayley Anne Photography. She gave us a great deal and answers emails really quickly which is always helpful.
  • If you're still looking feel free to check this out,

• check out this one, their promo video

i know the owner....they were with a pretty famous videography company in the SF area for a while. Last year they started to branch out on their own. So I think their price is very reasonable for the quality! 
    Highly recommended! and i'm pretty sure they travel too. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards