September 2013 Weddings
Options

Too much?

So I love the sand ceremony idea because it will incorporate my son into something. I still want rings and vows and I love the idea of a handfasting... Is all 3 too much. I want the handfasting because no one around here does them and its an Irish / Celtic thing and its different. My sister bought my sand ceremony set for Xmas for me and it was expensive so I can't not have the sand ceremony now but I still want the traditional with the rings and the different with the handfasting
Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Too much?

• Options
    I'm a fan of shorter ceremonies, so yeah, I think it is a little much. I would personally prefer to choose either the sand ceremony or the handfasting and make it more meaningful with proper explanation and so you don't feel like you are rushing through things. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    even with all of that i am planning at most to be 45 minutes - at most - it literally would be walk down the aisle say a few words , then sand ceremony, vows, handfasting and done - my brother in law (sister's husband) is actually doing our ceremony - so basically we can decide what we want - i don't want too much extra anything in there - just really these 3 things

think the handfasting and the vows and rings can all kind of be done together -- i plan on having an insert with the colors of the ribbons and what they mean - and i am making our own cord (i think ) 

i honestly was thinking of dropping the sand ceremony until later - but then my sister got the set for me and it can't be returned and i know she spent good money on it -

Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Then you should go for it! You're right -- with good wording in the program, you won't have to explain much during the ceremony. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think so - they represent different things.
    Daring to dream a bigger dream
  • Options
    Can you find a neat way to do the sand ceremony during the reception maybe? Maybe right before cutting the cake?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards