Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

OOT Bags

Hi!
 For those you you that did OOT bags, how did you distribute them? I love the idea of wlecome bags but I am not sure the best way to make sure that all my guests receive them. Thanks!

Re: OOT Bags

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_oot-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:959138d2-1d33-4a8e-872d-f24515b53d8fPost:06deb738-e72e-41d7-896f-99f1078b9e8e">OOT Bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  For those you you that did OOT bags, how did you distribute them? I love the idea of wlecome bags but I am not sure the best way to make sure that all my guests receive them. Thanks!
    Posted by kimberlybethh[/QUOTE]

Do you have a hotel that you blocked rooms out at? We are getting a count on how many rooms were booked for our wedding and leaving them at the hotel. Then they will give them to the guests as they arrive. That's how other people I know have done it also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_oot-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:959138d2-1d33-4a8e-872d-f24515b53d8fPost:06deb738-e72e-41d7-896f-99f1078b9e8e">OOT Bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  For those you you that did OOT bags, how did you distribute them? I love the idea of wlecome bags but I am not sure the best way to make sure that all my guests receive them. Thanks!
    Posted by kimberlybethh[/QUOTE]

yep, we used our hotel block. we wrote the names of the guests and the day they were checking in and they got them at the front desk.
  • When guests checked in they receive a bag. 

• I am dealing with this issue right now, and if you have hotel room blocks, ask the hotels about their policy before you assume you can just drop off the bags and they'll hand them out. 

One of my hotels just needs us to bring the bags and a list of the people in our room block (which they emailed to me anyhow) and they will give them out at check-in.  The other hotel where we have rooms blocked has a policy against giving out items at the front desk, but will deliver the bags to each room...get this...for $3 a pop!  (Um...seriously?!?  So your 'policy' is just a scheme to get more $$ out of me)...and they also require you to fill out a lengthy form to go along with your payment, AND to have each bag individually labeled when you give it to them.  Huge PITA.  Just a friendly warning to ask your hotels ahead of time, lol...
  • We are doing OOT bags for guest staying in our hotel block. They will get a bag when they check in . . or we may pay the extra $2 per bag to have them left in the room so the guest doesn't have to deal with them during check in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards