Illinois

Peoria area vendors

Hi everyone,
I'm getting married at Wildlife Prairie State Park near Peoria in October and am in need of a florist, DJ, and bakery for the cake. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!

Re: Peoria area vendors

• edited December 2011
    My sister used Trefzger's Bakery for her cake.
    http://www.trefzgerbakery.com/Home.html

It is a great bakery! 
  • edited December 2011
    Florist: I used Michelle's, they are very popular around here. Also good are Beck's and Gorgette's.

Cake: Trefzger's, Le Bakery, The Cake Shoppe

DJ: Extreme DJs is probably the mos popular
  • gretchen0587gretchen0587 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions! Anyone have any experience with Lizzy's Kitchen? I came across the website and everything sounds delicious.

• edited December 2011
    Hi Gretchen,

Heaven on Earth for flowers is wonderful.  She only does weddings, and has many ideas for every budget.  She also does rentals, so she can do the entire decorating for you.  She is amazing.

I don't have any experience with Lizzy's Kitchen.
    Cori

• epritchardepritchard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As for a DJ, I know some of the guys at Galesburg Broadcasting (Galesburg Radio Stations) do weddings.

Flowers - Galesburg Flower Co. might be worth checking out.

My SIL got her cake at Le Bakery in Peoria, and it was good, but it...kind of fell into itself :S.  It was buttercream and the wedding was on an abnormally hot October day.
  • novah924novah924 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  We have been doing cake tastings all around town.  I have a name of an up and coming baker.  They offer and excellent variety and are very tasty.  Jackie Hale of North Boston Cakes 309-657-6420.  Oh and since they are new they are very reasonable. 

For a DJ we called An Upbeat Production, I have seen them DJ at parties before.  Super nice people and they take pics of the reception and only cost around $500 or so.  Very cheap. 

I only went to one florist, Georgettes.  But they were super nice and since we are getting married in July lots of options. 

Good luck on wedding planning :)  If you want you can tell these people I recommended them.  Wendy is my name.  Thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards