Not Engaged Yet
Options

Holy snow, batman!

It's Friday! It's Friday! It's Friday!! And it's snowing like a mother here! And I lurves it!
Anywho, what does everyone have planned for this wonderful weekend?

We're going to visit BF's parents tomorrow (weather pending) and spend the day with them.  Then home to play video games (mostly for him) and hang out.  Then Sunday we're taking our pugs to play with other pugs we know at the park.  Anything exciting on the go for you, ladies?

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
Murried Bio

Re: Holy snow, batman!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No snow in Michigan :( We haven't had a good snow storm yet and we're WAY overdue!
    No awesome plans either, BF is still in Omaha and my mom has been on a crazy rampage lately so I'll probably hide in my room all weekend. I'm still a bit tired from jetlag (from Tuesday, lol) so I plan on sleeping and doing some homework this weekend.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds so much more relaxing then my hour long drives to visit the inlaws!! lol

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    MeganFaceMeganFace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's supposed to snow in DC this weekend, but hopefully not much!

As for the weekend; tonight I'm going to go swim laps for an hour after work, then curl up with BF and watch movies and eat his homemade pizza, which is the best pizza in the fricking world (he's a chef). As for the rest of the weekend, I might just do nothing, and I'm kind of looking forward to it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG I would love my life so much more if FI was a chef.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    paige you have pugs! jealous!

i think we're going to register this weekend. this could be interesting!! it's also snowing here. ughhh, it's a "feel like -7 degrees", eughhhhhhhhhhhhh. COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    MeganFaceMeganFace member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jeana, I'm not going to lie...it's SWEET. Especially since I'm useless in the kitchen. Downside: we don't get dinners together at home that often because the downside of his profession is working nights. But I cash in on his nights off for sure! Cool
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous of the snow, ladies. Yes, it's like, 70 degrees and sunny in Florida, which is quite lovely, but being a midwest girl, there are days that I miss a good snowstorm. I know, that sounds completely redunkulous, but it's true.

This weekend's going to be pretty busy...have to be in the lab all weekend getting ready an abstract for a conference in Portland in August (abstract's due on Feb 15th), and packing the apartment for our move in two weeks. Somewhere in there, FI and I are trying to figure out a date night, seeing as we haven't had time to just ourselves in, well, forever.

Exciting news - a mini Knottie GTG on Sunday night! Woot woot! Ana, rickylee, can't wait to see you girls...ricky, I fully expect pics of the dress over margaritas!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    OMG MEGAN! My dad was a p/t chef for a while so I used to get chef-y meals at home and I miss them sooooo much!! Dad taught me well but there's nothing like a real chef to cook FOR you! haha Jealous!!

Katanne - I have 2!! I lurve them sooo much! They're like my children. lol

Mikey has the red hat (he's pure pug) and Molly is in the blue (she's a puganese (pug/pekenese)

Murried Bio
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    I want a Knottie GTG but no one lives anywhere near me! LOL

Murried Bio
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paige! what are their names??

Oceana - do you realize there is a 77 degree temperature difference between our lives right now. That makes me sad :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Paige, I love your pugs.  There's a Nestie with two pugs on the Money Matters board and every time I see her pugs I want one, until I remember I don't like dogs.  Embarassed

No snow here yet.  Just freezing cold, literally - my hair froze as soon as I went outside this morning.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not looking forward to my trip tonight to 20 degree weather blah! Though I guess I can go one day with wearing shoes and a coat lol

oceana- there will definitely be pictures!
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like that I can drive to snow if I want it, but I don't have to shovel my driveway.  Praying that it doesn't snow in DC the weekend of the shower I'm planning.  It is perfect snow time. 

It has been an adjustment getting used to the overcast days with sporadic sunshine after living in So Cal for over 3 years.  DH says he feels like it is better for resetting your body.  It is hard to be lazy when the sun is shinning. 

And NQB, you don't like dogs?  Something might be wrong with you.  Then again, I don't like small dogs.  Heck, I think the Mutley is a little on the small side.  She is the smallest dog I've ever had and she is 55 lbs. 

Our weekend plans are boring
    -putting the backyard back together after almost 2 weeks of storms
    -finally picking up my wedding band (supposedly, it is in- ha!)
    -probably having dinner with the in-laws
    -clearing my too-skinny clothes out of my closet
    -lots of sleeping in - on our brand new memory foam mattress

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    Katanne - One's Mikey and the other is Molly:)

Oceana - I WISH it was 70F here! That's 21C! That's summer weather around these parts!LOL  But instead we've got snow and it's -7C which is around 20 F (I think!), I'd give anything for your weather and some swimming!!

Murried Bio
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    OMG Mutley you have a memory foam matress? I dream of the day when we finally have one! I had one when I lived with my parents (thanks Grandma!) but now we have a normal bed...well actually a boxspring on the floor (b/c the frame worried me.  It was OLD).  I'm hella jealous!!

And don't worry about the skinny clothes! You'll get to wear them again after mini-Mutley gets hereSmile

Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was our Christmas present to each other.  Instead of getting 2 big presents, we combined to get 1 mega present.  Then, we exchanged stocking stuffers with a price limit.  Think we are going to do it from here on out.  We already switch off for Valentine's day (since his birthday is the day before and mine is 2 days after.)   This year is my year and I have no clue what I am doing to do.  
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011

aww! It's neat that your b-days are so close! And that's a nice way to celebrate them:)

Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PAIGE!! The Holiday card is freaking adorable! I tried to make my dogs do a holiday card. The big one was a reindeer (he didn't mind) and the little one had a santa costume that he hated and all of the pictures I took made it look like I beat the little one becuase his head was down and he wouldnt look at the camera, lol. Maybe next year? LOL

Mutley- BF's birthday is the day before Valentine's day too and I hate it! Usually I'll just buy him a bunch of stuff then split them up between the 13th and 14th. This year I'm the worst GF ever and haven't decided what to get him yet for either. I was thinking a extended battery case for his iphone but I read online the phone has no signal with one on it.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    Haha thanks! It's actually just a picture that I took and then I did it up on picnik! haha
    I'm doing one for Valentine's Day too!

Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards