Wedding Woes

Ummmmm Does ANY of this make sense???

So my FMIL goes to visit her sister every summer (auntie X)and this summer is no exception. Then on her way back home she will stay with us for 2 weeks around the time of our wedding. THis is where it gets tricky ...

The sister (future auntie X) just text me to give me the flight info  .... once I confirmed I received the info the niece (future sis in law) text me asking if my FI was home from work. I said "no, but is there something I can help you with?" her response was "well I need to know if FI can help me and my brothers pay for my moms ticket to come to cali... I know you guys have a lot of stuff to pay for, but auntie X wanted me to ask...."

I just dont understand why people in his family (this is not the first person to ask for money) expect us to pay for our wedding and pay for them to get here... oh and then there is the family members who keep asking to stay in our home instead of getting a hotel

We live in a different state then our family (due to work) so we have asked both families to travel. HOWEVER, we have decided to have a smaller ceremony in his hometown bc most of his family wont be able to make it. I feel we have already done more than enough to accomidate everyone (two wedding locations, travel discounts thru venue)

bleh....done venting....
BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Ummmmm Does ANY of this make sense???

• edited December 2011
    You know, "No." is the shortest and most powerful sentence in the English language.
  • duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just say no.  It really isn't that difficult.  Just because they expect you to help doesn't mean you have to.  IMO, you've already done more than I would have so just say no and move on.
  • edited December 2011
    Whatever you do DONT give them any money...If you do it once for one person next time you know everyone is going to try.  Its very rude on their part to even ask, in my opinion.  So stand your ground and firmly say no.
  • e_ueckere_uecker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My future in laws are alot like yours. My FI has done well for himself and they feel the need to constanty ask for money. They also feel that it is his duty to pay for their trip and stay. They keep hinting and I think he just needs to say no
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards