Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

When to take your wedding photos?

Hi everyone, quick question...I really want to do my wedding photos AFTER the ceremony. Only because I want the first time he sees me to be when I am walking down the isle. Is that ok? I don't want to inconveniance anyone but it just seems like the right order to me.

Re: When to take your wedding photos?

• Options
    barnessarabarnessara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did that and our photographer was awesome! They got all of the pictures that we wanted in such a short period of time, and we had som much fun with it. Do it after!!! Do you have a photographer? If not, I recommend Boroi Photography. You can see a bunch of their work on facebook. I worked directly with Amanda and her email is Amanda@boroiphotography.com. Hope this helps:)
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest taking everything you can without your FI beforehand (parents, you with the guys, you with your girls, your FI with his family and guys, etc.).  Everything that doesn't have you both together in it.  That way at least some are out of the way and then afterwards, you only have to take the ones with both of you and some of you two together.  Also, make sure you have something for your guests to eat/drink while they are waiting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_wedding-photos-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:30Discussion:c8a1be9c-a4bd-4b0c-aa62-7a37ca657e16Post:bf06cabc-58ab-491c-a776-3b7f930b4a97">Re: When to take your wedding photos?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would suggest taking everything you can without your FI beforehand (parents, you with the guys, you with your girls, your FI with his family and guys, etc.).  Everything that doesn't have you both together in it.  That way at least some are out of the way and then afterwards, you only have to take the ones with both of you and some of you two together.  Also, make sure you have something for your guests to eat/drink while they are waiting.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Soooo right.  About everything.  Getting all of your pictures done separately should keep it to an hour or less after the ceremony, during which your guests should be entertained at some kind of cocktail hour.  That's what we did, and it worked very well. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks soo much everyone! I am so glad that other people have done it this way. I just think that you miss a precious moment when you do everything before :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards