Louisiana-New Orleans

Peacock Wedding Invitations PIP

Hey ladies-- Just thought I'd share my DIY invites with my fellow Nola brides (already posted on the DIY board when I first started working on them).  I searched high and low for invitations sort of in the colors and feel of the Bourbon Orleans Ballroom (where we'll be having our reception) with some kind of peacock accent and the only ones I could find, we were quoted $1175 for 100.  So after ordering a sample, I decided to make them myself.  Cost me under $300-- here's how they turned out!

Re: Peacock Wedding Invitations PIP

• edited December 2011
    Those are beautiful!  How did you do them?
  • RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, alyss21mom, I PM'd you the details.
  • louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They came out beautifully! 
  • edited December 2011
    Those look fantastic!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Gorgeous, Bezlu!!! What a great job you did! Please PM me how you pulled them off!! :-)
    image Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr (congrats!) DX with PCOS - 11/2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! **Clomid Cycle next CD3**
  • edited December 2011
    Amazing! You should go into business on etsy.com ;)
  • RYLZRYLZ member
    edited December 2011
    No kidding, Tango, that's where they quoted me $1175 ($200 extra for the bellybands!).

Thanks guys-- glad you like them.  Amanda I will PM you :-)
  • edited December 2011
    So nice!! I wish I had the patience to pull that off!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful!!
  • Kristina CT Kristina CT member
    edited December 2011
    Bezlu these came out GREAT!  I love them, and I love the colors!
  • RYLZRYLZ member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Kristina-- long time no see :-)  NO2012- I thought I would never be ale to pull it off-- you might need less patience than you think!
  • rbookm1rbookm1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GEORGOUS!!!  How did you make them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    how did you make those? I've been ordering samples to of invitations and stuff, to make it myself. And the best quality paper I found, is from paper and more?
  • RYLZRYLZ member
    edited December 2011
    I ordered paper pocketfolds from paperpresentation but I think it's the same quality as paperandmore.

Once you figure out the dimensions of everything (for the inserts that will depend on the number of them you'll be using), you'll have to get everything machine cut (like at Kinko's or something), and then it just involves a lot of double-sided tape and patience :-)

If you definitely want to make them, I can PM you detailed instructions.  They look long but once you get going, I actually found them pretty easy and end up looking professionally done.
  • These are amazing and I am planning on doing a peacock themed wedding!! Could you please PM me the details of how you did these? And also where you got the materials from?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards