Moms and Maids
Options

Friend upset that she isn't a bridesmaid?

I just chose my bridesmaids and am very excited to have 6 of my closest friends standing up there with me. However, I have one friend that is very insulted that I did not choose her. She said she isn't mad, just dissappointed and hurt.

I have my reasons why I didn't choose her...none of which I would feel comfortable disclosing to her because I don't think that's appropriate and would just make her feel worse. We do talk frequently and she is a good friend, so I can see why she may be confused as to why I didn't ask her. I'm not trying to hurt her feelings or our friendship, but I chose who I chose and that's that. How can I handle this as nicely and delicately as possible? I really do feel bad that she's hurt.

Thank you for any advice!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Friend upset that she isn't a bridesmaid?

• Options
    I would just tell her that you value her, and her friendship dearly. I don't think there needs to be any explaination as to why you chose who you did, or why you didn't choose her. I can understand being disappointed, but she was a little rude to mention it to you.
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Options
    yup, no explanation is needed.  Let her know you are excited to celebrate with her at the wedding, and she can of course be invited to the bridal shower, bachelorette parties (assuming if she is a good friend she is invited to the wedding). She will get over it.  

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I will definitely follow this advice! I was worried I may have done something wrong, but now I feel much better!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was in a similar situation. I had a friend who lived in a different city constantly asking bout my bridal party and dropping some very obvious hints. I just kind of brushed it off and mentioned how I was excited to see her again at the wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards