Indiana
Options

Evansville- to entertain or not?

I am having a huge problem with time in between my ceremony and reception sites.   My ceremony must start at 1:30 (full catholic ceremony at St. Mary) and the reception doesn't start until 5:30.  This leaves me around 2 and half hours where my guests will be unattended.  I will be haivng a lot of out of town guests, and they will be staying at the Marriott.  My question is this: should I find some form of entertainment for them or not?  (I am a budget bride here, so I cannot go too crazy)

If yes, do any of you fellow brides have some great, budget-friendly ideas? 

Re: Evansville- to entertain or not?

• Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you having a cocktail hour? I'm from Evansville and many of my Catholic friends had 2pm weddings. We would then usually go straight from the church to the reception and the bar would be open for us to drink and mingle while we waited for the bridal party to come. It sounds like you might have a bit more of a gap, but I would consider opening up the reception venue earlier so people can go there if they want.

• Options
    PinkSagePinkSage member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am from Evansville and have a few Catholic friends who had cocktail hour before. Another fun idea, my friend had someone close with a video camera who greeted everyone as they arrived and had them do a video message for the bride and groom...an idea i also liked at a recent wedding was a photo booth....that kept everyone entertained (instead of spending $800 on the booth, just have a background set up and have a friend , aunt, uncle, cousin with a nice camera take the pics and just provide a box of fun props (sunglasses, hats, boas etc) i think i am going to do this :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards