Military Brides

AW: Konnichiwa!

Hello from Japan! I've been here for a few days now, and almost didn't make it on time due to flight delays and almost a cancellation! H and I got back the same day so he wasn't supposed to even pick me up at the airport, but he somehow managed to get off the ship early and surprised me at the airport when I got there! He's so sneaky about these things! I love being back with him again, it's such an amazing feeling. 

I've been very busy since I got here until today because H has duty. It's Sunday morning here on my end, went out and did 4 miles at 630am! It felt great since I hadn't done it in so long. Yesterday was the Day Cruise on H's ship, I had a great time. I haven't been there for 2 1/2 years now and I got to see much more stuff yesterday than my previous visit onboard, I even got to see H's office(well really just the door and the doors to the reactor. Nobody else are allowed in them unless you're a Nuke since it's confidential).  I especially loved the air show, it was very cool! Here are some pics: 

I also have to AW about my H because he makes me so proud of him. I saw the eval for his transfer and his senior chief gave him such high praises for what he does. He even went on to say that H is his present ship's loss and his' next ship's gain! His department hates to lose him, he's also been recommended for early promotion so I hope he gets it! 

Sorry for my long novel, I am alone at  home today with not much to do. How are you ladies doing? Update me! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! 

Re: AW: Konnichiwa!

• edited December 2011
    Glad you're having a such a good time, love the pictures! 
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Love the pics :) Gotta love jets!
    Yay for Japan and your H getting such high marks! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Glad you made it there safely and are having a wonderful time! Love air shows!  Hope H does get the early promotion how sweet that would be! Enjoy!

oopaH!
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you made it there safe and are having a great time!  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

Beach- How are you doing? I saw on another thread that you'll finally have alone time with H this weekend, I hope you're having fun! I'll have to email you one of these days! 
  • YoungDuoYoungDuo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so exciting! I love your pics..super sweet of H to surprise you at the airport :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 204 made the cut image 122 are ready to party image 65 are being lame
    image 17 can't find the mailbox
    RSVP Date: October 20
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so happy for you, and doubly happy that your LD will be over once you guys PCS!!! I can just hear the joy in your post, and it makes me so darned happy for you both!!!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Kara, YAH!!
    H and I just got back from our MiniMoon to Niagara Falls with a pit stop back home. I took over 300 pictures over the last week

here are some of my favorites,

H's favorite part. :)

We got back too late to pick up our dog yesterday, so I am waiting to pick her up today. I miss her sooo much, leaving her for a week has been rough on me!
  • IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay pictures from everyone!!
  • edited December 2011
    Yayyyy!!! I'm so happy for you K!! Don't ya'll PCS soon? Like.. next month, which would be next week.. haha.  You have such a sweet hubby!
    Photobucket
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies!

C-You're sweet! And yes I am very happy! We are so excited not to be LD anymore, except for future deployments of course

Shan-Your pictures look great! Glad you had such a good time, I miss Niagara just looking at your pics! What else did you see while you were out there? 

Sami-It's next month! We leave here in a few weeks. I just got back from my morning run and waiting for H to get home from duty then we are going to the housing office to talk about our move! And of course H cannot wait for his 30 days of leave! 
  • edited December 2011
    Kara: H has family in Toronto so we spent a day with them. We walked around downtown, went up the CN tower then grabbed drinks. We went to Niagara on the Lake to tour a vineyard but other than that we stayed around the falls (canadian side). We spent almost an entire day at Clifton Hills, we got in touch with our inner children and spent several hours in the arcade which was a blast!
  • edited December 2011
    Kara-I thought I said it before, I love your adorable dress in the pics!!! And I think those jets are the same kind I used to work with!!

Shan- I Love your pics!! you have such great style!!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_aw-konnichiwa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:b29e1685-3947-4edf-83f6-da6fb73be567Post:5ffdbb60-4633-409a-be7c-1362d2878b81">Re: AW: Konnichiwa!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kara-I thought I said it before, I love your adorable dress in the pics!!! And I think those jets are the same kind I used to work with!! Shan- I Love your pics!! you have such great style!!
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

Thank you dear. :) My style has changed to include lots of dresses now since its so hot here.
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Shan: did you like Toronto? I didn't like it very much up there. We went for a couple of days since we have relatives in Mississauga. I do love Niagara on the Lake. Such a cute little town. Did you get to see the tiniest chapel there? It's cute. And it's always a fun time at the arcade! Sami: Thanks! I do love that dress. It's very comfortable too. H wanted me to wear a dress so I did. Were you on a carrier too while you were active? Where were you stationed?
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_aw-konnichiwa?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:b29e1685-3947-4edf-83f6-da6fb73be567Post:00e8fd90-f648-4928-bd6f-9d60d92c7cbc">Re: AW: Konnichiwa!</a>:
    [QUOTE]H wanted me to wear a dress so I did. Were you on a carrier too while you were active? Where were you stationed?
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

I love when FI tells me what to wear! Is that strange? I just think he's usually so oblivious to clothes, but when he says, "Wear that gray dress" or "What about that white strapless shirt?" then I know he's noticed it before and obviously liked how I looked in it! And then I know he's admiring me when I'm wearing it.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I was on the Carl Vinson (it just got lots of attention because it was the carrier that took Osama Bil Laden's body for its burial out at sea).  And I was stationed at Whidbey Island in WA.  I was in Aviation, but I was a paper pusher.  My squadron was the first with the EA-18G's..
    Photobucket
  • kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    C: No, I don't think it's strange because I love it too. H tells me what to wear sometimes, and I know it's the clothes that he really likes on me. Lately, he's been wanting me to wear skirts more often, since I never really do and he said he misses seeing me in them. I told him, I got rid of most of them a while back, so he told me to go shopping! He said what better way to go shop than your own husband telling you to? lol He also got me a skirt and dress at the port they pulled into this last underway. They are so cute, fits me well and I am excited to wear them! 

S: We actually really tried to get the Vinson as H's next ship but there was no spot open in the billet or any other carriers on the West Coast for that matter. The only 2 open spots were both in Norfolk. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards