New York-New York City

Hair and Makeup - HELP!

Hi All,

I'm desperately searching for a great hair/makeup person in Manhattan.  I'm getting married in December at the Boathouse and am looking for a simple, elegant style.  I'm overwhelmed by all of the people out there and can't really afford someone SUPER expensive.  Also, because I"m doing pictures during the day before the evening wedding, I'm going to need touch ups. 

Any advice on starting this process?

Thanks,

Robyn

Re: Hair and Makeup - HELP!

• ABLEKHERABLEKHER member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anna K. comes highly recommended! i've used her for my wedding day and she was amazing with my hair and makeup. she does airbrush so you might not need touchups but talk to her about that.
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Sachiko Yanese (http://sachikohairmake.com/). She did an excellent job and is super easy to deal with.  She was my favorite vendor.  When I checked out other people, her prices were in the same range.
  • edited December 2011
    I cannot say enough wonderful things about the ladies at Primp.  I have recommended at least three other brides who have all used Jess & Erin.

They are fun, professional, and make you feel at ease. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Bridal Beauty by David & Denise - they do alot of fashion and stuff in NYC and they know their stuff and how it looks in pictures.  I had three trials and most of the artists made me look like I was going to my prom!  Check them out at www.davidmaderich.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards