Utah

Outdoor wedding/catering help

We are looking to have our wedding on my fiance's family farm/large property that meets up with the mountains in East Ogden (we are from SLC). Our wedding will be in August 2012. We are looking at renting tables, linens, glasses, etc from Diamond Rental but I feel like it will be SOOO expensive and such a pain for myself/family members to be in charge of set-up. (We are looking at 200 people.)
Anyone know of a fabulous caterer/company that will do a drink service, linens, appetizers, dishes, tables, dance floor, etc. (Basically everything except main meal- which we would consider also.) We don't want to do the standard fish/chicken/steak dinner and were planning to bring in several local vendors but need help with setting up, serving, etc.
Any ideas?? (We would also REALLY prefer to buy our own alcohol as well)

Re: Outdoor wedding/catering help

• ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe check out CulinaryCrafts.com?

Also look for vendors on www.utahblissblog.com
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe look into hiring some high school or college kids. You can get them do it for pretty cheap usually. That is what we are doing and then just giving them like $20 a piece. (All they are doing is putting tables and chairs up and my linens on, and I am setting everything up on them.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • shannonloyshannonloy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This might sound weird but you could check out the cearfield job corps center. They have a catering trade that they teach students and they might have some tables, linnes, etc?
  • edited December 2011
    Love the idea of the Job Corps! I remember having the Ogden Job Corps (or something similar) cater events when I lived there. I didn't even think of it! Thanks!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Browns Brothers catering too... I just got a quote from them and they were much cheaper than Diamond was.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Kristin as well.  I would go check out Brown Brothers Catering.  They can do all that you are looking for and I know that they have a ton of different menu options as well.  I was just at a wedding they catered and the food was so good!  Call them up and check them out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards