Military Brides

our wedding

ok so were getting married after he gets back in 2012, but im haveing his kid an the only way they will add our child to his insurance is if we get married.  Hes wanting to get married b4 he leaves in march... BUt wouldnt that make the big day not such a big day...

Re: our wedding

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_wedding-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:47d36831-e463-4cd6-8811-70cf829df600Post:85d554fb-936f-4795-a0e2-46293412f8e1">our wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok so were getting married after he gets back in 2012, but im haveing his kid an the only way they will add our child to his insurance is if we get married.  Hes wanting to get married b4 he leaves in march... BUt wouldnt that make the big day not such a big day...
    Posted by mrhbabe00[/QUOTE]

Your child will be covered under his insurance because it is his dependant.  You would not be. 

If you want to get married before having the baby for you to be covered during your pregnancy and delivery, fine.  But please just make that your wedding day.  You can plan a great day or night in a short time.  If you choose to do a small wedding and a big day later, please do not lie to your guests or keep it a a secret that you're married, and you can plan your "big day" as a vow renewal.  I always vote for only one day though. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everything dnbeach said. 
  • edited December 2011
    also ditto what Beach said...

can we make that quote a Sticky? LoL I feel like it should be copy and pasted and saved on my slipboard! haha
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    edited December 2011
    Haha thanks.  It's only because I work from home and am on my computer all the time so I'm usually always the first to respond.  At least with logical advice!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I ditto the other ladies.  Once born, the child will be covered under his insurance as a dependant because it is his child.  You don't have to be married. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    ok thanks lol i was freaking and stuff but as long as my child is covered thats all that matters an i wasnt going to lie to my guest
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_wedding-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:47d36831-e463-4cd6-8811-70cf829df600Post:00d6f436-72e4-4f13-b4d3-cd91e115169b">Re: our wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok thanks lol i was freaking and stuff but as long as my child is covered thats all that matters an i wasnt going to lie to my guest
    Posted by mrhbabe00[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on your pregnancy and upcoming marriage!  I totally agree with what the other girls said - your baby will be covered once it is born, so as long as you have personal medical insurance for maternity care and hospital costs for the birth, you should be just fine.

And if for whatever reason you both decide that it will be best to get married sooner so you can be covered by TriCare sooner, then just be honest with your families.  Glad to hear that wasn't your plan to deceive, anyway!  It's sadly far too common.  Good luck with everything!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    i just wanted others advice
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards