Honeymoon Discussions

Arenal Costa Rica/ Guanacaste Costa Rica

We are planning on staying in the arenal volcano national park area for about 5 days and then Guanacaste area about 5 days. I'm wondering if anyone has done this and if so what method of transportation did you use to get from one part to the next and how much did this cost?
Photobucket

Re: Arenal Costa Rica/ Guanacaste Costa Rica

• We did that and we did a one way car rental. I wouldn't necessarily recommend that unless you really WANT to drive in CR-- my husband did, but if I was behind the wheel I would have had a panic attack.

I believe you can hire a private driver for pretty cheap, or there are buses, but I wouldn't have wanted to deal with that on vacation.If you book with a TA they can def arrange it.
  • Yes, I did in November! So beautiful!! We rented a car from the airport. We flew into the main airport..can't remember what its called and then flew out of Liberia since its closer to the beach where we stayed. Driving does suck cause the roads are crazy and it just takes forever cause you have to drive really slow, but it was the cheapest. I actually went out there to do flowers for a friends' wedding who live there and they plan trips for people visiting. Ryan was amazing in planning our whole trip and letting us know where to stay and what to do. Feel free to contact him at http://www.ourcostaricawedding.com/

Have fun!
    Amy
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    We are renting a car from Alamo and driving San Jose to Liberia. For 2 days it is about $220, and comes with GPS which is obviously a huge perk! (taxes and extra fees are RIDICULOUS).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Tip: if you get a car get a standard, if one of you can drive it and is fearless!
  • Does anyone know how much a ground transfer or shuttle would cost to go from Arenal area to Guanacaste? I know its about a 3 1/2 hour drive, but I think this might be the cheapest way.
    Photobucket
  • Our hotel charges $151 one way transfer for 1-7ppl.  We're in the Rio Celeste area about 2.5hrs away.  Rental would be over $300 for us for a week, plus gas and insurance which is highly recommended in Costa Rica. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards