Favors
Options

engraved wine glasses

Does anyone know of an inexpensive site to get engraved wine glasses for my bridesmaids? Every site I seem to come across requires a bulk number of like 48. I only want 9. And what are some ideas as to what to put on the wine glasses? Just names? Or names and the wedding date? Ideas, thoughts...?

Re: engraved wine glasses

• Options
    Have you tried just getting them singly from someplace like Things Remembered?  

As far as what to put on them...maybe just their name or initials or monogram?  Or a pretty design?  If it was me, I wouldn't want one engraved wine glass. Especially if it had someone else's name or wedding date on it.  What would I do with it?  It wouldn't go with anything else.  
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Honestly, this would be cheapest to DIY. You can get the engraved look by using a stencil and a glass etching cream. You can get a couple six packs like these from IKEA: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30015123/

You can buy glass etching cream at almost any craft store. I like Armour Etch brand. You can make your own stencils from contact paper and an exacto knife or buy any plastic stencil. They whole project will cost you about $25, and you will have extras if you buy the 6 packs in case you make mistakes. A place like Things Remembered will run you about $8-$10 each. They also make special paints you can use on glass if you'd like something more colorful.

I would just stick to names, monograms, or a non wedding related design. Nobody else wants stuff with your wedding date on it except for maybe your parents and future in laws.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Another thing to consider...but do all of your bridesmaids like mismatched wine glasses? I'd much rather have a set of four that match versus a solo one with some etching on it.
    I'm assuming you know they all drink wine...but this would be useless to someone like me who doesn't drink wine. i.e. I wouldn't serve wine to a guest in my home in my "personalized" glass. Weird.

IMHO, nothing is worse than a "cheap" glass either...so consider the quality as well when you're purchasing..
  • Options
    I honestly would skip this idea.  It is a nice thought, but I agree with everyone else. What are your BMs supposed to do with one wine glass after your wedding?  Especially if it has your wedding date on it?  It will likely end up sitting on a shelf collecting dust until it gets tossed in the trash.
  • Options
    Save money & skip engraving, they are more likely to use it again if it's not.
  • Options
    Etsy would have some options for you -- whether it is engraving/etching or painted. A lot of Etsy sellers would be willing to do custom desings and quantities.

Like others have said, if your girls would be less than thrilled with a single personalized glass, then think of something different.  FWIW instead of engraving our toasting flutes, my MIL engraved wine charms and put them on the flutes.  I had made wine charms as wedding favors for the guests, so the idea went really well with our wedding =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards