Gothic Weddings
Options

Easy DIY decorations!

I was toying with the idea of using paper lanterns, but it seems like that's not very original, and the cost would add up quick. Last night, I was looking and saw tissue paper pom-poms. I've seen them before, but I thought they'd be difficult to make, turns out they're insanely simple to make! Can you imagine these strung along trees among an outdoor venue! I just need to find black and red tissue paper at a reasonable price, I can't wait to make these!

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=efb9608f8532f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD

Oh, and on a different "how-to" site they had used pretty ribbon instead of floral wire to hang them.

Re: Easy DIY decorations!

• Options
    edited April 2010
    I was toying with the idea of using paper lanterns, but it seems like that's not very original, and the cost would add up quick. Last night, I was looking and saw tissue paper pom-poms. I've seen them before, but I thought they'd be difficult to make, turns out they're insanely simple to make! Can you imagine these strung along trees among an outdoor venue! I just need to find black and red tissue paper at a reasonable price, I can't wait to make these!

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=efb9608f8532f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD

Oh, and on a different "how-to" site they had used pretty ribbon instead of floral wire to hang them.
  • Options

They will look great strung in a tree.  It always helps when the DIY projects are easy and affordable. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I made some last night! (Target had red tissue paper on Clearance, I think it was a sign!) They turned out great! the first one I did, I used Martha Stewart's dimensions. However it was way too big and kind of awkward shaped. So I cut the tissue paper in half and it turned out perfect! I'm also making tiny ones ( i use 10" by 6" rectangles to make those) and I'm going to tie them to the end of the chairs that are on the aisle.

I'm so excited! I'm going to make all of the rest this week, except that I'm going to stop before the last step so I can store them more easily. I figure we can fluff them out a few weeks before the wedding, I don't want to have to worry about storing the final product and trying not to crush them.

I wish I could post pictures, but I recently lost my camera. =(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards