Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Bad Bridesmaid

I had my bachelorette party this past weekend.  At the end of the night, my matron of honor flipped out on me.  We went ahead and went to sleep, and I blew it off thinking everything would be better in the morning.  When we all woke up she ended up cussing me out, telling me how inconsiderate I am and how she "expects a thank you" for planning the whole trip.  I have no idea what happened for me to make her so angry with me.  I've talked to everyone else that came along on the trip and they can't figure it out either.  She is impossible to talk to because she just starts yelling at me again.  So after all this, I've decided she is no longer welcome to stand in my wedding. 

I am wondering if there is an ediquite on this?  Should I reimburse her for her dress?  How do I tell her this since she won't have a reasonable conversation with me?  Should I write her a letter?  Someone help please!

Re: Bad Bridesmaid

• There is no etiquette for kicking somebody out of your wedding party, because that is not an etiquette-approved move.  If you are going to do it anyway, then paying for the cost of her dress would be a nice thing to do.
    Married 10/2/10
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_bad-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:856c4570-8b17-44fd-9dc2-b02fb78b9f2ePost:24ce289f-776b-4738-bef3-82d38f86a005">Bad Bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]When we all woke up she ended up cussing me out, telling me how inconsiderate I am and how she "expects a thank you" for planning the whole trip.  I have no idea what happened for me to make her so angry with me. 
    Posted by loosydog[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that she feels that you were inconsiderate and didn't thank her for the party.
  • I would tell her she is not welcome at your wedding and I would NOT reimburse her for the dress. Anyone who does something like that is no friend of mine! I wouldn't show her any courtesy that she hadn't shown you!
  • edited March 2010
    I had this happen once when I was in a wedding party. The bride was horrific and she completely took advantage of everyone's time and never thanked anyone. She acted like it was her right to all of the nice things people were doing for her (monthly wedding meetings, numerous e-mails forcing people to sell stag and doe tickets, had "parties" where we had to assemble bikes for her stag and doe prizes and affix wine labels to bottles.)

The MOH (I was just a bridesmaid) was silent up until the week before the wedding during another "meeting" when the bride told us we needed to go out and buy silver shoes and that she wanted all of us to do speeches at the wedding. The MOH COMPLETELY lost it, calling the bride a spoiled brat and how we all cringed when she asked us to be bridesmaids because she is so selfish. The bride was NOT expecting it at all and locked herself in a room crying for a good hour. The MOH dropped out last minute but she eventually calmed down and stayed in the wedding.

Needless to say, 2 years later they are no longer friends.

I'm not saying you are like my bridezilla, but it's something to think about. Maybe she was just really annoyed and frustrated and eventually exploded?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards