Getting in Shape

McDonalds McMini?

What do you think of these, have you seen them?

I looked online and the chicken pesto sandwich is 280cal, 13g of fat, 24g of carbs and 12g of protein. The breaded spicy thai sandwich has 310cal, 14g fat, 35g carbs and 12g o protein, and the grilled version has 260cal, 9g fat, 30g carb and 14g protein.

I am not sure how big these things are but I think its great that mcdonalds is making SMALLER portions for people, I think that is the key to helping the diet not offering only salads but smaller and more reasonable portions. I know I have seen studies that even with salads on the menus people still order burger and fries, but atleast if the burgers are small, thats a bit better than a full blown double big mac, or something. Even when they brought in their snack wraps I thought it was a step in the right direction, but they are kind of small and not very filling, so maybe the mcmini is a nice middle ground.

What do you think?

Re: McDonalds McMini?

• Oh Canada, you would get McDonalds to serve you pesto and thai.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    They dont have these in the US or they already had them and were just behind the times? Im confused...
  • Yeah, I was thinking about those.  I'll have to see/eat one IRL because I have a feeling they might be too small to be considered a meal.  Mind you, paired with a side salad it might do the job.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't seen anything about them, and googling them would lead me to believe it's a Canada-only menu change
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ohhhh, it's a CANADIAN thing! My local McDonalds serves basically nothing but burgers and fries. I think the McMini sounds at least like a step in the right direction. Sounds pretty good actually. Especially if you have a fast food craving.

Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Awesome! Way to go Canada!!

I looked and couldnt see anything about them on the american site either, so thats weird.
  • I saw these on the sign today when I was driving to work (yes I'm in Canada too) and was thinking the same thing, Nebb! I wouldn't mind trying one...just to see what they're like.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited March 2010
    It's funny I was considering having quiznos for dinner last night (FI got a flat tire/I had a crazy day at work) but when we looked up the calories in the salad I was appalled -- some were 900cals! The sandwiches were 500+ tons of fat. We decided to treat ourselves with breakfast for dinner instead lol.

That being said -- yes it is nice they are trimming down their portions however I think most people would order two since they are "small". I also really dislike McDonalds -- in NJ it's just plain gross! 
    Photobucket
  • We don't have them, but they do have new "mini-meals." Which is probably what the size of a regular McDonald's meal was 30 years ago. (However, I think saying mini-meal leads people to believe it's more of a snack. It's like a a regular cheeseburger, small fries and a small drink.)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I haven't seen them here (U.S.) but if I ever go to McDonalds, I get either a hamburger or grilled snack wrap.  Both have under 300 calories and 9 g fat.  The burger has 12 g protein and the snack wrap has 18 g protein.  I also always get the apples (35 calories) and 1% milk.  It fills me up and I'm out of there with only about 400 calories.  It's not healthy, but it is healthier than the alternatives on the menu!

I'd like to try these McMinis if they make it across the border.
  • Sooo, they're rebranding a Kids Meal?
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haha Raynes,  that's exactly what it is! I hadn't thought of it like that. But yeah, it looks like the same portions, no toy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards