Florida-South Florida

Back to the drawing board with the flowers :(

I called the florist and the receptionist laughed at what I had to say. I told her I needed references and she said " oh well we have worked for Louis Vuitton" " and we were chosen as floral designer of the year". I asked her by who and said " by top designers blah blah blah" . I told her to email me references so I could call today and she told me that she would email them now.....That was 4 hours ago :S.....Something inside tells me dont hire them but I love their centerpiece sample. So I am gonna go with my gut and ask you girls for recs of florist...Please? TIA
South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!

Re: Back to the drawing board with the flowers :(

• edited December 2011
    if you have pics then any florist could probably do it..

I looked up the comapny

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cornamelis.exe

the reason you can not find it under that name is because they were La orquidia florist until apperntly last year... not sure what happend but it happens sometimes because of taxes or whatever companies change the name..but they have been open since the 80's... again this is if it is the company in Miami on 25 and 8st... GL!
  • edited December 2011
    hey erica, im using field of flowers in davie!!
  • edited December 2011
    Creations by Blanca. She's in Pompano Beach.
    Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
    image -mich-
  • edited December 2011
    We're jusing Tropical Elegance in Pompano Beach.  Joan has been great to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    Nothing against Tropical Elegance, but to be honest when I met with her she showed me a bunch of items before asking for my budget (which is average).  When I told her, she looked shocked and pretty much ended the meeting.  I asked for a proposal and she said she would send me one.  I never got it.  I understand if someone is out of my budget (which it didn't look like she would be), but I felt her response was rude.

Jen, check out Gil Sosa, Vivian Colls or Natinel Designs.
  • edited December 2011
    Jen, are you in Miami or further north?

I'm using A Touch of Paradise in West Palm, and I adore them.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you very much for the recs, I will check them out!
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • edited December 2011
    Ocean flowers, her name is guerdy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards