Military Brides
Options

Do These Colors Clash? (X-Posted in Reception Ideas)

FI and I are planning our wedding long distance and to top it off, I'm deployed right now, in the crucial book-vendors-before-someone-else-does phase, so we're not getting the opportunity to visit and re-visit multiple sites.  FI found a reception location, toured it, talked to me about it, and paid the deposit in person before some of my questions were answered.
Our wedding palette is silver with pink accents.  I just found out the chairs and chargers are gold, and I'm not a big fan of mixing gold and silver.  Do you think silver centerpieces and bridesmaid dresses will clash or look tacky with the gold on the table and seats?  If it were you, would you rent chargers and chairs, even though the location has them?  Or is this just my own personal hang up?
Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!

Re: Do These Colors Clash? (X-Posted in Reception Ideas)

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I wouldn't be too worried about the chairs.  You could always rent covers for the chairs.  I would look into renting chargers for the table.  To me, it would look odd for all the accents, center pieces and dresses to be silver but the chargers are gold.  If you aren't dead set on using chargers, you could easily do with out them all together.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    SpunkchinSpunkchin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I love the gold and silver combo (my rings are two-tone) and I think using both wont clash at all. None of your guests will even notice that you chose pink and silver and that ::gasp:: the plate chargers are gold. (I don't think renting different chairs or covers is worth the money, FWIW)

You have much more important stuff to worry about, like coming home safe, so just roll with it and know that everything will be beautiful!
  • Options
    resumaryresumary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    think about this.... metallics are nuetrals!  silver and gold won't clash of you remember to include small gold sccents in other areas of decor.  I'm not huge on gold, i prefer silver... but you can mae it look cohesive if you remember to put it in another element or two (invitations, flowers, bridesmaid jewelry) and it won't look tacky or out of place. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards