Iowa-Quad Cities

Wedding Ceremony in Iowa City?

Where can I have an outdoors wedding ceremony at in Iowa City?

Re: Wedding Ceremony in Iowa City?

• edited December 2011
    I'm from the Iowa City area, but my sister is actually getting married in 2011 in the area. Here's a link for it: tp://friendphotography.wordpress.com/2009/10/02/sara-schnoebelen-kyle-wade/

Its at the DickSchwab Barn in Solon, Ia. I know it sounds weird, but check the site out...its beatiful!
  • edited December 2011
    The Schwab barns are great but he only does a few weddings a year.  He really limits what he does out there.  I am having mine at Lake MacBride at the main lodge.  You book it online.  It seats about 100 with indoor and outdoor seating.  For my day  in September it was only $80 to book it for the whole day.  We are having ceremony and reception there.  Don't have to rent chairs and table because of all the picnic tables for seating.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony at the Danforth Chapel and the reception at the North Ridge Pavillion in Coralville, which would also make for a great outdoor wedding site!  Also, it's perfect if you're on a budget at about $300.
  • natashamaraenatashamarae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Grove in Coralville was our original choice. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think the north Ridge Pavillion would be a beautiful choice, that's where my fiance and i were thinking about doing vows......http://www.coralville.org/Facilities.aspx?Page=detail&RID=18
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the local parks, North Ridge Pav. is beautiful! Parking is limited. South Slope Communications building in North Liberty has a very nice outdoor space with a lake. Im going to have my reception there. You can also check out www.iowacitycoralville.org and click on planners they have a few places listed as well! Good luck to you!
  • edited December 2011
    There's an apple orchard on the north side of Iowa City that holds outdoor weddings. Looks really cute.

http://www.wilsonsapples.com/index.php
  • jennyluvsbenjennyluvsben member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who did you hire to be your photog? I am getting married in Iowa City and am starting to look. Any suggestions? I have a consult scheduled with Gwen's Photos in North Liberty but that's it so far.
  • natashamaraenatashamarae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out EYPhotography.  He does some awesome pics and is reasonably priced. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards