Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Rehearsal Dinner Fort Worth

Speaking of RDs, does anyone have any suggestions for Fort Worth RD locations? Google is giving me the same suggestions. We are getting married at Rose Chapel which is kinda close to TCU. We have been to Blue Mesa at University Park and we really liked it, but we are wanting another place to compare. My venue coordinator also suggested Mamma Mia off of Magnolia Street which is very close to our venue. We are going there this weekend... any other random suggestions? We are looking to just go to a restaurant as opposed to booking another venue and getting it catered. Also, if it means anything, our RD is on a Thursday.
Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Fort Worth

• edited December 2011
    Reata is great! A little expensive. Same questions..
    What kind of food?
    price?
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Reata is pretty amazing.

I'm having mine at Joe T's.  We have a private room and the prices are really great.
  • edited December 2011
    Prices we are thinking around 25 per person, max. I have no clue what's normal, though. Bri, forgot about Joe T.'s... may need to check that out. Do you happen to have an email of info from them?

ETA: Kind of food, we are open to anything. I don't want a mostly seafood place such as Pappadeux just because my family does not eat seafood. Josh's family does, however, so it could definitely be on the menu, of course!
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did Cantina Laredo downtown, it was great. They let us customize a menu that they printed and placed at each seat so we didn't have to worry about the awkwardness of someone ordering a $30 entree on my IL's tab. We still had about 75% of the menu to choose from, just not the costly stuff. They also agreed on an amount with my FIL for the alcohol tab, if it got close they would just let him know discreetly so he could up it or they could stop serving. We didn't get close, but my IL's really liked having a good idea of the cost.

I was worried about parking downtown for our out of town/older guests, but CL has complimentary valet, which worked so well. We let them know about 15 min before we wanted to leave and they brought all the cars to the curb for us.

Since it was close to my venue, I think it might be close to yours. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what options they offer, but Cowtown Diner is a really great (newer) restaurant in Sundance Square.

There are also a bunch of restaurants in the Montgomery Plaza (off 7th) - Mac's is one.  Also, across the street in the new development off 7th Street (near University/Camp Bowie intersection)
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_rehearsal-dinner-fort-worth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:dd5a6bfd-1566-4142-a6b5-31fd4a97d402Post:29380d23-65b1-4973-a555-b6ca1943e43d">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Fort Worth</a>:
    [QUOTE]Prices we are thinking around 25 per person, max. I have no clue what's normal, though. Bri, forgot about Joe T.'s... may need to check that out. Do you happen to have an email of info from them? ETA: Kind of food, we are open to anything. I don't want a mostly seafood place such as Pappadeux just because my family does not eat seafood. Josh's family does, however, so it could definitely be on the menu, of course!
    Posted by AmberMarieTX[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have it.  emailed it!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our RD at Pappasitos, private room and great service/food.  They have a menu online under the catering menu.  I'm very excited about it!

My FILs also considered Joe T's, Uncle Julios and Cantina Laredo.
  • edited December 2011
    We talked to Texas De Brazil in FTW.  They were willing to discount the price for a lot of people :)  I think we got it down to 28ish per person.
  • Brthomas24Brthomas24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also looking for Fort Worth rehearsal dinner ideas... Any one have new ones?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards