South Asian Weddings
Options

Update about HD makeup

Hi Ladies
So, I didnt get a chance to take pictures with the makeup but I am getting professional engagement photos done this coming wkd, so will show those once my photographer edits them. So here is my pro and cons about the HD makeup by makeup forever brand available at sephora. Pros:Cheap($40) not bad same as some good brand makeup, has all kinds of shades to match even the asian skin tones perfectly, I dont know what coverage you are looking for, the lady didnt put too much on me or thats what it looked like but it made my skin look very even and poreless, best thing no cakiness!! I didnt see the makeup setting in and making it give a caking effect. As long as I dont apply oily stuff, my skin behaves very well, so another plus..this foundation is oilfree I tested it all day no weird skin issues and my t-zone didnt get oily at all, sort of semi matte look. A big plus is it doesnt look like you have makeup on, if you get the right shade it blends very well, also try a bit on your neck before getting your face done to make sure you get the right shade. I looked at the shades online before going to the store itself, and it made the process really fast. Within 2mins I had the right foundation. The only con I saw of this was I dont know if its a con, there is no shine factor to the foundation as my makeup artist suggested, so shiny bronzer or blush will help complete the look if you want that dewy look, they do have powders to go with the HD foundation, I didnt have the time to go through that, I might go back for that later. So thats my thoughts on it, if any of you go try it...do let me know what are your thoughts. I dont like liquid foundations at all , so I think it passed my test.

Re: Update about HD makeup

• Options
    HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THanks for the update Nicky!!
  • Options
    SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want the dewy look, apply a luminizing cream to the top of your cheekbones. You will get that effect you are looking for, dear. I will for sure be looking into this, thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback, Nicky! This sounds like a good option for the non-makeup makeup option :)

Can't wait to see your engagement pictures!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,
    So my makeup artist called me yesterday and offered another trial (free!!, I paid for the initial one) to do half a face with HD makeup and half with airbrush to see the difference. I definitely want to see that, and will update you guys some more on which one is better, she did say on the phone that the airbrush is more pore clogging and not the best on asian skin tones. lets see after the trial.
    Sonali-do you know of any brand luminizing creams that are good, my makeup artist said she will apply a bronzer.
    -happy wedding planning
    nicky
  • Options
    MeeraRCMeeraRC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the update!
    I love Makeup Forever HD. It looks great on camera.
    RE: luminizers cream:
    I love Moonbeam by Benefit. It has a yellow undertone which is perfect for my skin.
    They also make Highbeam, which has pink undertones.  Choose which looks best on you, but both look beautiful without being too shiny.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ooo thank you! I gotta try those luminizers!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards