New York-Western
Options

Rochester, NY - Reception & Ceremony Vendors

Hello everyone!
My fiance and I are looking for (a) reception and ceremony vendor(s) in Rochester, NY. I have been looking into Casa Larga (winery), The Lower Mill, Harro East Ballroom, Sonnenberg Mansion, The Plantation Party House, and a few others. I haven't fully looked into their prices, but we do not have much money to spend. We are willing to have the reception and ceremony at the same location or at different locations.

So my questions for you are:
1. Is there something in particular that I should be looking out for when considering these places? (ex: no cake-cutting fee)
2. Could someone tell me what I should be expecting as the average cost for a ceremony? for a reception? and/or for both at the same location?

Also, if anyone could recommend one of the places above or another that you have expereinced in Rochester, I would love to hear about it! 

Re: Rochester, NY - Reception & Ceremony Vendors

• Options
    I just went to my cousin's wedding at the Plantation Party house. The food was excellent, and I really liked that you have use of their deck/patio - the cocktail hour was held out there. From a guest's perspective I would give it 2 thumbs up!
  • Options
    I will give you my advice and what I did. Take it for what it is worth.

So my questions for you are:
    1. Is there something in particular that I should be looking out for when considering these places? (ex: no cake-cutting fee) I created a excel spread sheet and figured what it would cost me to have my wedding at every location comparing apples to apples. So if one place included apps, salad, dinner, open bar 4 hours, wine on the table for dinner, cake and cake cutting. What would it cost at the other locations for the same wedding. After I had all that information I rated all the places on looks and over all feel. Than we sat down and made decision. In the end we decided that we would rather be at this location but to do that we couldn't have wine on the tables. This was a comprise we were willing to make. Also cake cutting fee, de-corking fee, table set up and take down fee, decoration fee, ceremony fee, and bar tending fee are some of the fees I can think of.
    2. Could someone tell me what I should be expecting as the average cost for a ceremony? That really depends on where you are having it. I had mine at my church and it cost $200. I think if I was to have it at my reception site the fee would have been $500. This doesn't include minister, musicians, etc. Just the space. for a reception? There was no fee to us my reception site.  Just the cost of food. I had 185 people at my wedding the reception cost me $12000.  and/or for both at the same location?

The best way to cut cost is to cut your guest list. Best of Luck to you and your H!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    Casa Larga is really nice, but if you have less the 210 people for a saturday night reception you have to pay for each missing person to meet the 210 requirement.

As expensive as weddings are already, extra costs like that leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

If you have 210 people (or very close), I would say Casa Larga is the best place. Beautiful ballroom, great food, great wine and great service. And for your out of town guests, there are many hotels in the area.
  • Options
    My fiance and I wanted something nice but not outrageously expensive. We looked into all those places you mentioned as well but there was no way we could afford it. We found Webster Golf Club and they have a pretty gazebo for the ceremony and affordable food packages for the reception. There is no extra cost for the ceremony, no cake-cutting fee, no hidden fees at all. Their reception area is decorated beautifully and it fit everything we needed. They even have cheaper pricing for off-season months. They have packages that include food, bar, bridal suit, cake or centerpieces depending on which package you choose. We haven't had our wedding yet but from those I've talked to who have had their food it's really good and so far everyone we've delt with there has been great. They have a great online tour at their website.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards