New York-New York City

Location help from the UK

Hi everyone,
Hope somebody can help me out a little here.
Basically me and my fiance are from England but have waited 12 years to get married as we have a love affair with New York and have to get married there as it holds a special place in our hearts (but have never been able to afford to actually do it!)
I have always wanted to get married on the Brooklyn side of the river with the skyline as the backdrop and have a small intimate dinner (very small, only about 15 people) with the skyline as the focus again. Can anyone recommend any amazing restaurants and bars either in Brooklyn or Manhattan that would have stunning views of the city at night, where we could spend the evening?

Re: Location help from the UK

• you def want to look in dumbo!
  • Agree with PP. Dumbo has some really nice places to get married that over look the city skyline. For restaurants check out the River Cafe. http://www.rivercafe.com/ the view is AMAZING!
  • I second The River Cafe, amazing views!
    Anniversary
  • Thanks for your advice guy's.....We have been to the River cafe before and I agree that the view is amazing but it's just a little too formal and expensive for what I had in mind (actually alot too expensive! Lol) Had a look at their wedding info and they have a 30 guest minimum, we will prob have under 20 and a few of those will be children.
    I guess I will have to forget the amazing view and look for somwhere a bit more understated for dinner. Thanks again. x
  • why dont you hire a wedding planner...i cant imagine what its like to plan a wedding thousands of miles away! i just booked with Elite(b)Events based on another knotties suggestion and let me tell you Shea is amazing. ive only had about 4 phone conversations with her and 2 face to face meets with her but she is really great and if it helps she is a budget wedding planner so she knows of theses venues that most of us would probably not even think of.heres her website www.elitebevents.com and see if she can put this together for you or even point you in the right direction

happy planning :)
  • Have given in and booked the River Cafe.....so excited! Thanks for all the suggestions guy's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards