Wedding Reception Forum
Options

brunch reception

i am planning a 10 or 11 am wedding with a brunch reception to follow.  we are planning a small, low-key wedding... outside on a farm in the fall. to me, i am okay with muffins, bagels, yogurt bar, and a few egg bakes with jucies and coffees. 
does anyone have any better suggestions?  or do you think that this will go over well?

Re: brunch reception

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_brunch-reception-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:83abdaf0-86ed-4f36-8021-50910de79e97Post:6183848e-1370-41a2-bf2b-34313b3457fd">brunch reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am planning a 10 or 11 am wedding with a brunch reception to follow.  we are planning a small, low-key wedding... outside on a farm in the fall. to me, i am okay with muffins, bagels, yogurt bar, and a few egg bakes with jucies and coffees.  does anyone have any better suggestions?  or do you think that this will go over well?
    Posted by bns4888[/QUOTE]

You might want another protein besides eggs. Also offer tea, water, and milk. Not everybody likes coffee or can drink juice.
  • Options
    I think it might be nice to have something little more festive in addition to what you mentioned.  What about a pancake station where you could pick fillings to put in pancakes like bananas, blueberries, chocolate chips, granola?  Other ideas are a smoothie station, omelette station (although I would be perfectly happy with the egg bakes, as long as there was a vegetarian option), belgian waffles, or french toast.  Nice pastries and a pretty fruit tray also strike me as more festive and are yummy. 
  • Options

And bacon. You can never go wrong with bacon.

• Options
    i agree with PPs, some meat options should be added. what about an omelette station?
  • Options
    I'd also add in some other options. Are you making this yourself or having it catered? That will affect what kinds of options you can offer.
  • Options
    I often see pasta at brunches, like penne with veggies and fresh mozzarella, or even lasagna.  Agree with tenofcups it would be good to know if you're planning to self-cater. 
  • Options
    I would bacon, sausage and/or lox.

Maybe an action station like omelet, pancakes or waffles.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I think you need more substance, but it also depends on your crowd. My family would DIE! if I only had bagels, muffins, and yogurt with some eggs for my wedding. Not because it's cheap but because they are big eaters! My family does not eat that kind of breakfast unless it is free from a hotel they are staying at. 
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• Options
    I never knew about a brunch recption until this year.  Are they cheaper? What about a lunch reception?  Please help me understand what goes into these.
    LO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards