Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Feedback on putting vows together

I put together a couple versions of vows I liked as well as added in elements that my FH and I value. Any feedback on the flow would be great! Thanks

I, Natalie,

stand before family and friends

to make a pledge to be your equal partner,

loving friend,

supportive companion,

all through out my life.

I promise to be sensitive to your needs,

to make decisions that are best for our marriage,

to speak when words are needed,

and to share the silence when they are not.

I promise to always be honest and open,

to support you through life’s challenges,

to comfort you through life’s sorrows,

to share with you life’s joys.

I will believe in you

Help you achieve your life’s dreams,

treat you with respect, integrity, and patience,

show you affection and appreciation,

forgiveness and compassion

as we create a loving future together. 

Re: Feedback on putting vows together

• edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_vows_feedback-on-putting-vows-together?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:24Discussion:ff865b76-559a-4016-ae6d-b5a88aa1951dPost:7a22716c-f68f-4b1e-bd51-67c1e0c74bd5">Feedback on putting vows together</a>:
    [QUOTE]I put together a couple versions of vows I liked as well as added in elements that my FH and I value. Any feedback on the flow would be great! Thanks I, Natalie, stand before family and friends to make a pledge to be your equal partner, loving friend, supportive companion, all through out my life. I promise to be sensitive to your needs, to make decisions that are best for our marriage, to speak when words are needed, and to share the silence when they are not . I promise to always be honest and open, to support you through life’s challenges, to comfort you through life’s sorrows, to share with you life’s joys. I will believe in you Help you achieve your life’s dreams, treat you with respect, integrity, and patience, show you affection and appreciation, forgiveness and compassion as we create a loving future together. 
    Posted by ncowanbirch[/QUOTE]

I'm a newbie to the vow board, and came here to get some inspiration and WOW...that's really beautiful. Did it take you very long or did it come out naturally?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest PitaPata Dog tickers my read shelf:
    Jen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards