Michigan-Grand Rapids

OUT DOOR WEDDING NEED A LOCATION IN GR

I AM GETTING MARRIED NEXT JUNE I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE AN OUTDOOR WEDDIGN ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD  LOCATION IN GRAND RAPIDS?

Re: OUT DOOR WEDDING NEED A LOCATION IN GR

• akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! Welcome. My wedding was indoors, but there are a lot of Knotties here who got married (or plan to) outdoors. Hopefully they will respond too. Check the Vendor Recommendations thread at the top of this page, I think there were a few in there too.
  • edited December 2011
    ok thanks!
  • eandringaeandringa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using quail ridge golf course in Ada, Michigan. Its a beautiful and relatively cheap golf course. we are getting married there in may (outdoors) and reception indoors.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Millenium Park in Grand Rapids is gorgeous, not sure if they rent out for weddings or not.  You can google their website.  Riverside park also has a lot of options
  • BeNikki1008BeNikki1008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also getting married at Quail Ridge golfcourse in Ada in June- they are very affordable compared to the MANY other outdoor venues I have checked and I was impressed with the set up of the ceremony site. 

Tons of hits come up if you google it a few different ways  - lots of options once you dig around a bit.

Laketown Conference center is also an amazingly beautiful site - it was just out of our budget.

Good luck
  • KimL141KimL141 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at John Ball Zoo.  We had our ceremony in the Chimp Plaza, then had our reception in their ballroom.  It was AMAZING and I didn't have to spend any of my decorating budget on ceremony flowers or anything because the area is beautiful as is.
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in October at Spring Grove Park in Hudsonville.  Or you should really check out Fallasburg park in Ada....both beautiful locations if you want an outdoor-park wedding.  If you are looking for something more modern I checked into the DeVos place on the river and they were super cheap.  They said you can do the ceremony right on the river and they even provide the chairs.  I think it was around $500 or so (but its been a little while so dont quote me!) Good luck on your search!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • valeriemay85valeriemay85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Spring Grove Park! I will be getting married there May 7, 2011. It's a grogeous quiet little park :)
  • Lorielle22Lorielle22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spring Grove park is a beautiful park, but it probably would not work for a big wedding.  They have a lodge that can be rented out but it doesn't look like it would hold over 50 people.  The landscaping at this park though, is one of the prettiest around! I've posted some pics below and here is a link to the park: http://www.miottawa.org/ParksVI/Parks/springgrove.htm

Mother-of-the-Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards