Connecticut

Same shoes for bridesmaids?

Hi Ladies,

I'm wondering if you are having (or had) your bridesmaids all wear the same shoes? If so did you buy them for them? 

I've never had to buy a certain pair of shoes for a wedding but was just curious what people's thoughts were on this.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Same shoes for bridesmaids?

• I'm just telling them all to wear black shoes - I don't care what height or style. 
  • I am letting the BM's pick their own shoes.  I know it is common to give a color and then let them pick.  Just as they are paying for a dress that you picked out, it is usually them who pay for the shoes IMO. 
  • I'm giving my girls a color and they are choosing the shoes, they will also be paying for them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I told them to all agree on either white or black and wear whatever shoes they have.
  • I told my girls the color and they are picking whatever shoe they want. It is one less thing I need to worry about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_same-shoes-for-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:523eddf6-aa16-4cc8-80df-5d23e88c6d69Post:4f235aea-c2c8-4de3-8051-3abccde771c7">Re: Same shoes for bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just telling them all to wear black shoes - I don't care what height or style. 
    Posted by 27Sunrise[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I did.  That way they didn't have to worry about an additional cost if they already had them, etc.  It ended up looking great.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_same-shoes-for-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:523eddf6-aa16-4cc8-80df-5d23e88c6d69Post:03450dc0-d49a-4d20-82ea-33087c93aee9">Re: Same shoes for bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Same shoes for bridesmaids? : Exactly what I did.  That way they didn't have to worry about an additional cost if they already had them, etc.  It ended up looking great.
    Posted by Vanessa630[/QUOTE]

Ditto. My BM dresses have a black sash so black shoes go great and most already have a pair so no added expense.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

•  
    I had my girls get specific shoes because they are wearing tea-length dresses....however, the girls told me their size and I went out and got them for everyone since they were being discontinued so they were difficult to track down.  I am also wearing the same shoes.  Every one of them loved them though and said they would definitely wear them again.  They are the ones posted above.
  • My girls dresses are long so they won't be seen. I told them they could wear whatever they want/already have.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Ditto PP- gave them a color, they're choosing and paying. If I wanted them to wear a particular shoe, depending on the price, I would most likely pay for it.
  • edited February 2012
    For the most part, as you can see, it seems that people generally give them a color, and sometimes style and lets them pick.  I gave my girls a style and that it should be somewhat strappy and let them choose their own.

I would caution you on choosing a specific shoe for everyone, since not everyone is comfortable in the same style or heel height.  If you're dead set on them all wearing the same shoes, I would suggest letting them all try them on first and get a concensus that they're happy with them.  I'm sure we've all made bad shoe/heel choices and regretted it early into a long night.  The last thing you want is for your girls to be absolutely miserable and in pain with a long night ahead of them at your wedding.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • thanks ladies! I planned on just telling them a color but its good to get feedback. For another wedding I am in we have to buy a sepcific shoe and I'm dreading it already since as PP said not everyone is comfortable in the same shoes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I should also add.....my ceremony is only 15ish minutes so they won't be standing long.  I am also buying them reefs so that they can change into them.  If these shoes were crazy expensive I wouldn't have asked them to get them but they were only $30 so I couldn't resist.
  • jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_same-shoes-for-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:523eddf6-aa16-4cc8-80df-5d23e88c6d69Post:4c6355c4-a139-436b-bdb4-2ec52e6ac80d">Re: Same shoes for bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm giving my girls a color and they are choosing the shoes, they will also be paying for them.
    Posted by willin1310[/QUOTE]

ditto to PPs! my BMs are wearing short dresses, but it's one less thing i have to worry about--and they can all be comfortable. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My BMs are wearing long dresses, and their heights range from 5'2 to 5'10 so I told them just to get gold sandals, heel height of their choice. I didn't want them to spend more money or have the taller girls feel self conscious about being super tall if I chose 3" heels (I'm 6' myself so I know what that's like).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think giving them a color and such is fine. Personally, I probably wouldn't notice matching shoes and am not a fan of matchy matchy to begin with.
    Other bring up good points, my best friend LOVES 4+" shoes...at 5'10" and a larger foot, I do not. Everyone is different.
    Please dont' make people where shoes they may not be comfortable in b/c of hight, etc...
  • Since their dresses were satin, I asked them to pick any black satin heel of their choice.

Loved all the different styles they picked!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards