Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal shower question

My aunt (mom's sister) is my MOH's mom and they already told me they are planning on hosting a bridal shower at their house for me. No one on my fiance's side has said anything about a shower (I don't expect one, just saying), so if no one on Fi's side says anything about a shower, should I invite his female family members to the shower at my aunts? His family lives about 45 min away and I'm not particularly close with many of them soooo I was just wondering how that would work.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal shower question

• Options
    I would run it by your aunt first to see if it's in her budget to invite your FMIL and her family members. If she says it's okay, then you can tell your FMIL about the shower that your aunt and MOH are planning. If she has intentions of planning one for you, I would think that she would mention it then. Based on that information, you can decide to invite her or let her plan another shower for you.
  • Options
    I would at least invite your FMIL, if no one else. But definitely ask your aunt how many guests she can accommodate and if you have room, it would be nice to invite some of FI's family.
  • Options
    The MOG, MOB, sisters of the B&G and usually the grandmothers should receive courtesy invitations to all showers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards