Favors
Options

Anyone getting fans?

Im thinking of getting either paper or silk fans for my destination wedding this Nov. Ive looked at a couple online stores including the knot shop, but was hoping someone could give me a rec. of where they got theirs.

TIA

Re: Anyone getting fans?

• Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought sandalwood fans at Michaels using the half off coupons. They were less than a dollar each and smell wonderfull.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found mine on oriental trading.  You buy them by the dozen.  Some are cheapy but I found some nice straw ones that I'm going to get for my outdoor July wedding.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm making my programs to double as fans. We're expecting it to be in the 80s or 90s on our wedding day, so these will be perfect for guests during the ceremony to keep themselves cool. I'm putting tongue depressors between the printed cardstock to make them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also got the sandalwood fans from Michael's. I just bought one box for me, the BMs, and our older guests who might not tolerate the heat so well. I wouldn't pay more than $1 each for them though - whether here on TK, at Michael's, or any other store.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found some mini buri fans for under a $1 a piece, but I was hoping to be able to combine them with programs....just havent figure out how. Its totally necessary for an outdoor wedding in July.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought silk fans from the knot.  They are not beautiful but they will work.  I chose them instead of sandlewood as they are flimsy.
  • Options
    WPB2KeyLargoWPB2KeyLargo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doubling my fan as a program. I printed mine on metallic paper I ordered from paperandmore.com, cut it out in the shape of a seashell, punched a hole at the bottom with a hole punch, and attached 3 strands of glitter ribbon. It's very pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards