Delaware

Bridal Shower Questions

Hey ladies.

I'm currently planning a bridal shower for my sis, and I'm trying to figure out food...  The shower will be at my Mom's house, which is Pike Creek (off Papermill Road), does anyone have any ideas who could do the food?  We can pick it up, so delivery/set up is not an issue...  Only request is it has to be good and not cost a fortune.... 

Also, I designed some invites tonight and I put my # and my Mom's # to RSVP (other sister lives in NY, and while she is a BM and contributing $, can't do too much planning...) but when I emailed them to her, she seemed disappointed she wasnt listed.  When I discussed w/ Mom, she wants her name on...  The 3 of us are paying, but tech I guess the BM's should be on, but again its at Moms house, so its kinda messy...  I definately think 3 names is overkill, and mine has to be 1 of them (as MOH and doing all the planning/ordering/purchasing)...  Who would you put - moms or other sis/BM?

Sounds so stupid, but either one I put on, the other 1 will be disappointed... WWYD?

Re: Bridal Shower Questions

• dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I look at it from the guests' perspectives.  Who would they feel more comfortable calling?  Give them those options.  If you feel like most family would be fine with contacting your mom, then be sure to list her.  If you feel like her friends would be fine with calling you, then list yourself as well.  Probably no need for a third.

And from the planning perspective, it makes it more difficult to have accurate counts when you need to collect RSVPs from multiple sources.  If it's just you and your mom it's as simple as, I haven't heard from this person, have you?  But if you involved a third, then you have to wait til you talk to them as well.

Now logically speaking that's how I look at it.  I don't know how you explain that all to your sister without having her feelings hurt.  Maybe you can tell her that most people probably won't call her with an out of state phone number or that you're saving her from having to talk to your 2nd cousin she doesn't like very much Wink

• edited December 2011
    I say you put only your own name as the contact and provide both a phone number and email address to RSVP (but only if you check your email regularly/daily).  I think everyone understands that the whole bridal party hosts the shower, and obviously your mom is hosting because its at her house!  Like pp said, it will be easier to track responses with fewer people being contacted.

As for food, I'm not sure how much you planned on providing, but here's a few suggestions (along with BP and mom making/bringing snacks):

California Tortilla, Newark - http://californiatortilla.com/locations/newark/
         (I was a BM and we ordered California Tortilla catering for appx 30 people, it was relatively inexpensive and everyone enjoyed it.  Oh, and the Bride demanded it!)

Primo Hoagies, Newark/New Castle - http://www.primohoagies.com/main/?page_id=391

Pescatore's - http://pescatoresrestaurant.com/index.asp
         (Pescatore's is on 202 in Glen Mills, PA, but their food is sooooo good.  I don't see it on the website, but they do have a catering menu)
  • edited December 2011

Hey Steph!  I would just put yourself as the contact so as not to confuse people, and as PP said, it can get messy if there are 3 RSVP people listed.  I would maybe put "Shower give by Steph, Sis, and Mom.  Please RSVP to Steph at *****"

As far as food is concerned, I heard Toscana is really good.  My coworkers swear by them.  I've only had their veggie lasagna, but it was a while ago.  There is also Appleton Catering off of Rt. 41 behind Prices Corner.  My parent's used them for mine and my sis's graduation party and they were fabulous! 

• Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to say Appletons too. My neighbors rave about them.

I would just use two rsvp phone numbers on the invite. More then two can be overkill and confusing. And like Lura said...on the invite you could include her name as a host.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Cafe Napoli on Kirkwood Highway.  They did mine and my sister's graduation parties, and they did Jackie's shower- excellent food!

There is also Lamberti's Cucina, behind Price's Corner.  I also agree with Appleton Catering.

In terms of the invitation, here is what I would do:  I would say all the info, and then say "Please RSVP by date to 555-5555 or email"  and then at the bottom say "Given by Stephanie, Sister and Mom".  This way, you don't have to worry about collecting info from two other people, your guests don't say you are playing favorites in the family, and it still looks like all of you are hosting it. 

Is it possible to create a special email address for the wedding events?  That way, your guests can RSVP there, your mom and sister can have access to it without accessing your stuff as well, and it adds a nice touch (I think) when you have things like personalized emails.  Just a thought!
  • edited December 2011
    I  agree with the just having the rsvp to you and your phone number. it will be easier to keep track of the rsvp's. multiple people can get confusing.

as for the food...what about ninos in Middletown? Appleton caterers are really good also.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses ladies...

I defiantely agreed that the 3 names were too much - I just wanted to see what others would do...  Basically, I didnt want to offend either of them, and was hoping someone had a wonderful idea, and they loved the "given by Steph, Mom, and Sister" that was recommended above.  All names on, no one offended - perfect!

As for the food, thanks for the rec's - Im going to go look into right now :)
  • edited December 2011
    There is also Bachetti Bro's in Midway Shopping Center (on Kirkwood Highway and Limestone Road).  I've heard their food is outstanding.  My boss swears by them. 
  • edited December 2011
    Lura's got a good one there- bachetti brothers has really yummy comfort-type foods.  Now I want some...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards