Maine
Options

Photographers

Hi, new to post here, I have two weddings to plan and on a budget so I was wondering if anyone knew of an amateur photographer who would be willing to work for less than the pros?  We have a Hindu service and a Western service on 2 different days but we're really just looking for someone to shoot the events and give us the disks or memory cards. 

Re: Photographers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You will find quite a few if you search on craigslist as well.  Look under  services and then click on event.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Portrait New England and even though their prices seem quite steep, they are just getting started in the business so they gave me quite a deal. I'm sure if you talked to them they would work with you and your budget. It's also nicer to know that I have a professional photographing my wedding, hiring amateurs can be really risky.
  • Options
    rcfjddrcfjdd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is also just starting out. He has done alot of photography but not alot of weddings. I know he is good because he is a personal friend of mine and I have seen his work. His name is Tim Hall and his business is called. Archival Digital Imagery. His office is in Oakland Maine and I believe that he also travels. Very good price! Goodluck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing my e-shoot with a high school class mate of FI next weekend. She has done a bit of photography but not a lot of weddings and is giving us a great deal! I'll let you know how the e-shoot goes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Alisa Ann.She's in the Auburn area she's also starting out. She's been doing weddings for over a year now and has beautiful work and was a very good price as I am a frugal bride. She's very nice and accommodating in scheduling . Her site is AlisaAnnPhotography.com.  Hopefully this is helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, I will check these folks out.  I appreciate the feedback.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ashley Therese Photography.  She is fabulous and doesn't charge for travell!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just in case anyone out there is currently looking for an affordable wedding photographer (I searched and searched and searched and searched for days).. I finally found one who I love and is going to do our wedding.
    Casey Tanner out of Canaan Maine.
    She has two packages, both for six hours. The more expensive one includes an engagement shoot (we went with the cheaper one since we are out of state and can't travel all the way up there just for an engagement shoot).
    $850 and $1100. Plus a smaller than others travel fee for more than 50 miles.
    http://caseyscreations.web.officelive.com/default.aspx
    You can also find her and look at all of her pictures on facebook at Casey's Creations Arts and Photography.

Hope this helps save someone some time :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards