Missouri-St Louis

Dress Shopping in STL

Sooo...I live an hour away from STL and am going dress shopping next weekend.  I already have an appointment at Clarice's for early on in the day, but was thinking I might want to make an appointment somewhere else since I will have my mom, my MOH, and my 2 friends. Anyone have any recommendations as to where else to go? I was sorta thinking Robin's Bridal Mart, but haven't heard too much about it. I guess if I don't figure somewhere else to go, I will just go to David's Bridal or just skip the idea of another appointment. TIA!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic FutureMrs.B Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Re: Dress Shopping in STL

• edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Robin's. They let you just walk-in, so you don't need an appointment. Their prices are awesome - my dress was the cheapest there, like cheaper than buying it off a discount site online. I would say that it wasn't that experience where all their focus is on you - they were busy on a Saturday. But she pulled my dream dress off the rack with one description from me. So I'd say give it a try, but don't be let down if they are busy and you don't feel like a pampered bride.
  • edited December 2011
    I loved Simply Elegant downtown.  They have a lot of exclusive dresses that you can't find anywhere else in St. Louis, including the dress I fell in love with and eventually wore.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I second Simply Elegant Bridal. I got my wedding dress there and they were extremely friendly and helpful. I worked with Julia.
  • carrier76carrier76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    holls, how much is your dress there?
  • pgrasspgrass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much! It's always nice to hear from experience!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic FutureMrs.B Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• edited December 2011
    carrier, my dress was $618. I thought it would be well over $800 from the prices I saw online.
  • kdbisopkdbisop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I also purchased y dress from Simply Elegant Bridal Downtown. They were really easy to work with and had a pretty good price range for the various dress collections.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with previous posters. Got my dress from Simply Elegant and just did the first fitting. They are friendly and professional.  They have alot of unique dresses and various price ranges. I spent under $900 including taxes on my dress.

Can't wait to wear it!!

Congratulations!! Happy Planning!
  • edited December 2011
    If you decide to go to a DB, Cory at the Sunset Hills location is really wonderful!!!
  • amouldonamouldon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Clarice's (recommened by a ton of other Knotties) and LOVED them....plus their prices are great.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    fam6- I worked with Cory also! She was VERY nice and helpful. I went to DB in St. Peters and the lady took my measurements but never put it in the system. I have decided to get my dress from Sunset Hills since they're thorough with their work. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards