Wedding Reception Forum

How to communicate wedding decor style to destination planner and decorator?

I'm originally from Puerto Rico but currently living in Chicago. Because most of my family is in PR, and we love it there, we're having the wedding in a beachfront hotel there. The ceremony is on the sand, right by the beach, and the reception is in their (very modern) ballroom. Our colors are aqua and fuschia. I'm going for a chic, modern, seaside vibe. No seashells or starfish. More like a chic twist using a bit beach glass, orchids, lily's, buri fans, etc.

My problem is that I initially thought I'd be in PR a couple of months in advance to take care of all the details, but things have changed and now I'm only going to be there a week in advance. I've hired a partial planner to meet with my decorator and make sure my style is understood, but I can't help but be a nervous wreck about it. I've sent her photo's and everything, but it's so hard to communicate over the phone exactly how it is you want things. I don't feel comfortable just leaving it all up to her and see what happens. Every time I talk to her about it she says my style is minimalist, which I guess it is, but something tells me she doesn't have a full grasp of it. I feel like maybe I'm just nor wording it correctly.

Besides sending her photo's, how do you think I could clearly and effectively communicate my style and vision to her?

Thanks!!!

Re: How to communicate wedding decor style to destination planner and decorator?

• sounds like you're going for the miami-chic kind of look. love the colors btw.

your best bet if you can't be there is just to send her pictures of the things that you love and be very specific in terms of the things that you want.

jagore's idea of doing a table mock up is a great one also, so that you can see what her vision is and adjust if necessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards