Second Weddings

NWR - I'm bummed - again

I don't know what is going on.  The last couple days I have been "meh" and it's bothering me.  I guess part of it is I've been on my Month board too much and they really don't understand the true meaning of getting married.  My FH and I have some money, but not a lot.  We can pay our bills and go out every so often.  We are paying for everything ourselves.  I also feel like there needs to be a plus size board on here, because being a plus size bride is hard.  The "biz" is not very friendly to the bigger girls.  I was recently thinking of having a boudoir photo session done, but fear it wont turn out how I would like it to.

I'm sorry to be such a Debbie Downer...  (plus the weather here is awful - we haven't gotten to spring yet).  I guess it turned out to be WR (sorta)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
TTC #1 since 6.10
SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
HSG= All clear & perfect
Currently learning to live Child Free
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
?Big Girls have babies too!?
??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??

Re: NWR - I'm bummed - again

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check out the "Full Figured" board on Weddingbee, or the Plus Size Bridez board on Offbeat Bride Tribe.  I've seen several plus size brides who have ended up with gorgeous boudoir photos.

I found it very helpful during my planning to be on more than one message board.  There is a budget weddings board on The Knot.  However, there are also a fair number of posters who have very definite ideas on what should and should not be done at a wedding.  (Fortunately, few of them are on Second Weddings.)  Being on something like Offbeat Brides, where you find the people getting married in purple in a pagan ceremony or whatever, can be a useful antidote.
  • edited December 2011
    I would describe some of the other boards as "youthful" -- they tend to have very set, very preconceived notions of the does and don't of a wedding.  We have all, been there, and done that.  I love the acceptance of this board, and how everyone is free to have an opinion without being bashed.   Like everything else in life, there will be the high moments, and the low moments.  As wonderful as your marriage is, the planning stages just cant bring you joy 24/7.  Accept your downtime too.  Start a thread on fuller figured brides here - I'd sure as heck join you!  And as for the weather -- rain brings glooooooom to me, but know that spring will eventually come, it always does.  I am hoping that Tuesday brings you a smile and maybe some sunshine!
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would describe some of the other boards as "youthful" -- they tend to have very set, very preconceived notions of the does and don't of a wedding.  We have all, been there, and done that.  I love the acceptance of this board, and how everyone is free to have an opinion without being bashed

I ditto arv266, and 2nd Bride's post. I like the maturity here, but also post on other boards that represent other important aspects of my wedding: DIY, Budget, Outdoor, and my local board which also has amazingly nice & helpful brides.

I've gone to Knottie GTG (get together) with the Detroit area brides, and found a charming and younger group of brides-to-be or just married brides. I think our geographical area has taken such a "hit" from the economy, everyone is just nice to each other because there is so much other negativity in our area we support each other's dreams.

Reach out on your local board, and others. Most people are trying to save on their weddings, and financial situations are constraining. My fiance & I could probably afford more for a wedding, but are keeping it reasonable because we both have mortgages, kids, and other responsibilities.

Good luck. I hope you feel better soon. Put the wedding planning aside for a day or two, and just chill.

• edited December 2011
    Oh I totally wish there was a plus-sized brides board here! I'd be on that like white on rice :P
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.  Feeling better today.

I found this website http://www.plumageblog.com/ for the plus size and I LOVE it, I plan on sending in photos of our wedding.  It's nice to see "real plus size" as opposed to maybe a size 10.

I don't know how to go about starting a plus size thread, maybe I will look into it.  I feel there is a need for it!

Happy Tuesday all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • edited December 2011
    Hi NWR,

I ditto all the ladies great advice.  Like with everything else in life, there are happy exciting times and times to just sit back and enjoy the down time.  Sometimes that's when I do some of my best thinking and planning.  This is just one chapter in this new journey in your life.  Don't forget to breathe, soak it all in and soon enough these will all be cherished memories. 

As for the industry, it definitely is geared to the young and pretty because that's what sells, but, as one of our ladies pointed out, they're missing the boat.  There are alot more of us out here.  I would definitely see about starting your own message board, I think it's a great idea and much needed.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards