Virginia
Options

Going crazy over a venue.

So, after going crazy trying to set a wedding date, it was changed from March to September to May 28th of 2011 and its staying there if its the last thing I do. We have our colors our wedding party , and tomorrow I am going to find my gown, but I cannot find a venue. I need a venue that is affordable 800 is pushing it. It has to allow outside catering and have room for 70 guests. If anypne can help me find a venue and save my sanity in the process, I would appreciate it.
         Thank You!!
Photobucket ~Tub Cat the Supermodel~

Re: Going crazy over a venue.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Priss,  first of all congrats! i too am a May 2011 bride. We were planning to get married on May 28th but had to move it up to the 21st! You schould check out the MAY 2011 board sometime the girls in there are great!

Is there a specific location your looking for?
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A venue around here for $800 is going to be pretty difficult. I would suggest looking at county websites for list of venues they provide. There are a lot of historic places around that are used as rentals.

Here are some:
    Clark House in Annadale rents for $700-825 depending on where you live. It hold 65 people inside and has room for an outdoor wedding. It comes with tables and chairs.
    Farifax County and Fairfax City have lots of places but this one is the closest to your price range.

I'd also look at the Old Town Manassas Courthouse-not sure of price or some other PWC places

If you not opposed to traveling there are a lot of placed in Maryland that are available as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    January-January Siggy Challenge "Wedding Bands"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    167 Invited image 147 Ready to pary image 20 Missing the fun image 0 Slacking on responding image RSVP Date: December 1st, 2010
  • Options
    Priss27Priss27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dreamaa, there is not a specific location we have in mind, well there was Maymont in Richmond, but that is way beyond our budget and doesnt allow outside caterers. I just want somewhere that is nice , preferably an indoor location with an option to go outside . If anyone that knows a location like this it can be maybe a thousand I would appreciate it.
    Photobucket ~Tub Cat the Supermodel~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Baker Hall at Botanical Gardens. They have area gardens there you can rent.
  • Options
    jon_ellejon_elle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in Alexandria and there are plenty of City buildings that can accommodate smaller parties. Look @ parks too! Historic mansions can work in your favor as well.

Good luck!

• Options
    bbx30333bbx30333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Yacht Club At Marinia Shores has a killer wedding package that inculdes everything veneu flowers cake photo food class act !
    for about 8-9 thousand for everything on the water brand new rooms
    yachtclubweddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards