Ohio-Northeast
Options

Reception Sites in Youngstown/Warren Area

Hello everyone!

I am just starting to research reception sites. Any advice or reviews on a site that you used or will be using would be greatly appreciated! Two places I'm currently interested in (but have yet to contact) are Roby Lees in Newton Falls and the Holiday Inn in Boardman. But I'm open to any ideas!!

TIA Laughing

Re: Reception Sites in Youngstown/Warren Area

• Options
    AXiDieselAXiDiesel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had mine at Antone's Banquet Centre in Boardman.  Everything ran smoothly and they were always helpful when I stopped in before the wedding.  It was remodeled not too long ago and is beautiful inside.  The food was absolutely amazing! 

The Holiday Inn was my second choice.  They also recently remodeled.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am having mine at the davis center in mill creek, it books up fast but there might be an opening for your date. there's also the avion, and the de yor arts center
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    ericalynn525ericalynn525 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine at the Holiday Inn in Boardman and it looks beautiful after they remodeled. I highly recommend it! I don't know what your budget it, but it was very reasonable for us.
    Photobucket August 6th, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Leo's Ristorante in Warren, Squaw Creek, Davis Center at Mill Creek, Mr Anthony's, and the Lake Club were my favorite places I visited
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at the Mahoning Country Club.  The ladies there put us totally at ease at our first meeting, and also when we brought our families along the next weekend, I feel assured that if there are any problems during our reception, it's not going to fall on me or my fiance to fix them, and their prices are VERY reasonable compared to some other places we looked at, like the Fifth Season, Regency House, etc.

We had looked at the Davis Audiotorium, which is GORGEOUS, but it was unfortunately booked for our date.  But we have our ceremony in the Rose Garden, so I was at least happy with that. 

I have never been to a reception in Roby Lee's, but both of my brothers used that space for their rehersal dinners, and I don't recall anything horrid happening, and I'm usually pretty good for that.  I do love Roby Lee's food, it's pretty terrific.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards