South Carolina
Options

Ceremony on the beach, VERY simple...Need help!!!

We live in Jersey and are thinking of getting married on the beach in Myrtle Beach next June-July. We are pretty much going on a joint family vaca and will be staying at our timeshares.

I'm literally just starting to plan, and need sooooooo much help!! We most likely won't be able to get down there prior to the vaca/wedding, so if anyone has experience or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated!!

It will be about 25 guests, I want the ceremony on the beach at sunset. Which part of the beaches would be the best for scenery/pictures? Also,  anyone suggestions on an officiant? The ceremony itself will be simple. I walk up to the alter with my father, there is no bridal party, my nieces will do the flowers prior to me "walking down the aisle" and our 3 sons will bring the rings up. Easy Peasy!

We are also contemplating having a tent for a small reception, music, a small dinner and cake.

Where do I start?????

Re: Ceremony on the beach, VERY simple...Need help!!!

• Options
    annaescottannaescott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of the resorts will likely arrange for all the catering, tents, rentals if you do it through a resort.  Springmaid is a big one, Marriott, Kingston Plantation would probably ones to start with.  Island Vista is also really nice. 

I can't say it enough, Christa Harder is awesome.  Contact her for photography.  www. christaharderphotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! I live in MB and we are getting married here next April! There are abillion places here, just gotta find the right one. This website is pretty, helpful, but doesnt list many places in MB, most in Charleston. A heads up, the city of Myrtle Beach doesnt allow weddings on the beaches, they consider it illegal and theres a big fine if ya get caught; however, some resorts are privately owned and you can legally get married in front of their resort. The surrounding cities allow it on the beach, just not MB (weird right!??!?) (like North Myrtle, Surfside, Garden City, Murrells Inet, Pawleys Island) We are getting married at Sea Watch Resort in Myrtle Beach (close to North MB line, but privately owned) and the sales rep there is great! Her name is Mary Ann Burke, and she's just wonderful, she kind of acts as your own wedding planner too! :) Our guests list is around 120, but everyone is travelling from MI and FL, so its a whole weekend extravanganza! We just found  our officiant who is a part of Seaside Wedding Chapel (seasideweddingchapel.com) and they are really helpful and super nice! Hope some of this helps, I would write more, but I gtg! Ill try and get back on later, and tell ya more stuff! :)

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG that was SOOOO helpful! If you have more info, I'm all ears!!!

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congratulations, on your upcoming wedding!  It is not illegal to get married on the beach in Myrtle Beach, it is illegal to host a reception on the beach.  I would suggest by first calling Beach Weddings.  I have worked with them for years and they are wonderful 843-280-8899 (Joy or Ruth) will answer the phone. 

I work at Ruth's Chris of Myrtle Beach and we have two private areas which would be ideal for a group of 25 guests.  Let me know what you are envisioning in terms of the reception.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking either going to a resturant or doing a dinner cruise.

Anyone suggest a wedding planner, who would handle the whole ceremony, such as officiant, seating, microphone (so guests can hear the ceremony)?

I'm looking to keep the ceremony under $2000.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I would suggest Memorable Moments - Leslie Menich 843-450-9936

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I sent Leslie an email!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay do you work for the city of Myrtle Beach? Because if so then part of your staff is telling callers that weddings ON the beach are illegal. I called, obv., to reference for our wedding. Which will have up to 120 guests, so they have to a place to sit for about 15 minutes. When I told the person on the phone this, they said no can do, it must only be the bride/groom, officiant, and witness-and no one more than that. Im sorry excuse me for thinking it was illegal, I just personally dont know anyone that would have one witness (unless they were getting married in a far country). Also, when calling all the hotels, the only ones that would allow it on the beach were PRIVATELY owned (meaning not owned by the family that owns the city of Myrtle Beach). So we went with one that was privately owned in Myrtle Beach city limits, so we could legally get married, and not get charged a huge fine for the celebration of two people joining.

Even our future officiant of Seaside Wedding Chapel asked us specifically if we were wanting to get married in the city of Myrtle Beach, and I said yes, but we found a place that is privately owned. He said ..and I quote "Whew, great, because I about got arrested the other day right before a ceremony in Myrtle beach, I had to talk to cops down, but they said there wont be a warning next time". So yes it must be illegal.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In all the pamphlets I have received over the last 2 weeks from officiants/planners from MB, it specifically states on there that unless it's a part of privately owned property in the CITY of Myrtle Beach, they can not wed us on the beach. Unless our resort (which I'm not sure which one it is yet, we are staying at a timeshare) has oceanfront property, we will have to travel to N.Myrtle Beach to have our ceremony on the beach. Even on the CITY of Myrtle Beach's state website, it says that commercially produced weddings are illegal. Commercially produced I was informed by the city workers meant paying anyone, like a photographer, officiant, etc.

I want a photographer and obviously need an officiant, so either we have to use private property, or go to NMB.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAh...I got upset when I first saw all of it too! O well, we were going to go with North Myrtle, but lucked out and found Sea Watch Resort. Sorry for all the confusion-I just dont want anyone toget arrested on their wedding day! haha

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your upcomming wedding. I am getting married in may in the myrtle beach area. I actually live in murrells inlet, but i've researched locations from nmb to pawley's island. I have found several wedding chapels that assist you on getting married on the beach. some have their own location. You can then have a reception at the chapel or your own location. Maybe this info will help. good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One thing you may want to consider...

Sunset at Myrtle Beach in June is normally pretty late, this year between 8:20 and 8:30pm.  I also wanted to get married at sunset but then realized that that would mean my guests would not be able to eat until at least 9:30 (based on the typical 30 minutes for ceremony, 30 minutes or so for pictures). 

• Options
    britny622britny622 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are still in need of a photographer check out Brittany Mauldin Photography.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards