Military Brides

Colour Caos!!!

Alright people I need your help. So my fiance is an Army Captain. I love him to death and am so proud of his career. Then he proposed and now I've got wedding plans taking on a whole new turn for the worse. On top of trying to schedual our wedding around his schedual, I've now been agonizing over what our colour scheme should be. I've always loved the dark aqua blue and cream idea for my wedding but now I've got this man and his uniform ruining it! Now there is no way I'm making him wear a tux, besides I love him in his uniform it's just causing me so mucj colour confusion.  We've discussed him wearing his dress uniform and having the whole big shabang and seeing where the colours lead and then with all the stress of it we've also considered just eloping. I may be acting a bit over-dramatic but I've got so many things I've got to figure out and I really need some advice from someone who's done this before. HELP!! I desperatly need colour suggestions to match or compliment us on our big day.

Re: Colour Caos!!!

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Does he want to wear his uniform? Uniforms match anything. If you like aqua and cream, then use it. It will not be chaotic. 

Also, though I'm sure you didn't mean it, it's kind of offensive to say his uniform is ruining your wedding. He earned that uniform, and I hope you're proud of him for it.

ETA: You're wedding is more than 2 years away, so you don't have to get your heart set on a color scheme. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    I apologise. I can see how you misunderstood. I am immensely proud of him and wouldn't have him wear anything other than his uniform. I like nothing better than to show off my own personal hero. And he likewise is proud of our country and being dedicated to it's service and he too wouldn't imagine himself in anything else. I am just looking for helpful advice for getting the colours to not look so awful together. And yes, the wedding is at the moment schedualed for 2013 but if I can make in happen in a week I'd do it. I'd just have to wait a very long time for my honeymoon. And thanks for the suggestion. I'll go about looking into different shades of colous.
  • JynxeyJynxey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the earlier post, I think uniforms go with anything. And I love your dark aqua blue and cream colors you want to go with. Also, what about the possibility of him getting the new dress blues instead of the dress greens? That might go a little better and make you happier about everything. 

Good luck with wedding planning!
  • edited December 2011
    You know that could work. And I think he even has a set ordered. The only thing is then I don't know about getting too blue. But I will definitely check with both. Thanks.
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Your post makes you sound bridzilla-ish.  I think you should step back and rethink how you word things.

Also, uniforms are considered neutral.  They go with anything.  Case in point:  One of my soldiers called me a while back because he didn't know who else to call.  His FI was determined that she was using lime green and hot pink as her colors.  He and his GMs were wearing Class A uniforms (green).  HIs mom and her mom were freaking out about it and everyone was fighting.  I told him to tell each mom to chill out.  It was her choice if she wanted those colors.  If she wanted barney purple and Tennessee orange, they had to deal with it.  When it came down to it, the pictures were beautiful and the uniforms were just find against the pink and green. 
    Pick colors you like and don't worry so much about the uniform. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LilBit2011LilBit2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ran into the same problem when I first began planning for our big day.  When he left on deployment, he was specific as to what colors he wanted (white and black) so that it would be a pretty close match to his uniform.  Unfortunately, I hated the idea of all black and white.  So.... we blended :) The girls are in black and white long dresses (sounds strange, but they're beautiful) and then the colors for our cocktail hour are white and black.  Inside the country club, I changed the colors to what I wanted and just told him I was giving each space a different "feel".  He was happy to have what he wanted and I got the colors I wanted. 

But, the main thing is to keep the main thing, the main thing.  Don't get bogged down in details.  At the end of the day, you just want to be married. 
  • Emgee78Emgee78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This reminds me of a conversation I had with my man online.  I've decided that if he wants to wear his dress uniform, then he's gonna wear it.  He's proud of it, it looks snazzy on him, why the hell not?  It'll clash a bit with the cherry blossom pink and bamboo green color scheme, but dangit, it's his day too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards