South Carolina

Barn Reception

Hey everyone!

I'm having my wedding in the Charleston, SC area and we are looking for a Barn for the reception.  I'm not finding anything online.  Since I live in New York it's hard to actually scout out places.  Does anyone know of Barns in the area? 

If not then I'm looking for something rustic but not over priced.  Does anyone know of anything like that.  Thanks for all the help!

Re: Barn Reception

• edited December 2011
    Hi there,

I also live in New York and am having my wedding in Charleston (my parents live there about half the time). I also was looking for a barn or a rustic type of setting. I ended up booking the Cotton Dock at Boone Hall Plantation and I think it will be perfect! The price is more reasonable than some of the other popular venues.

The Magnolia Plantation Carriage House also has kind of a rustic feel.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey! I don't know when your wedding date is but I'm getting married at The Pavilion at Pepper Plantation in May 2012. It's a rustic barn style on a plantation and it's gorgeous!! Has indoor and outdoor area and it's on a little lake with a dock. Very cool. It's pretty popular so it's booked almost all through the spring and you wouldn't really want to have a wedding down here in the summer. The fall would be perfect! 
    It's on the border of Mt. Pleasant, SC and Awendaw, SC which is about 20 minutes from downtown. I live in Mt. Pleasant, SC. Let me know if you need any suggestions for vendors! There are great ones in the area. Good luck! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Also forgot the mention that the price is perfect! Under 3,000 to rent out from 10am-12am for the whole day!! 
  • maranowickimaranowicki member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I'm getting married in April 2012 at a "barn"... its called Gatherings, it's in Dorchester, SC. It's cheap compared to anything around!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards