Pre-wedding Parties

Shower Snafu- help!!

My FMIL threw me a surprise shower over the weekend with all of the members of her family, many of whom I've never met before.  Tonight as I started writing thank you notes, I realized that her aunt who was at the shower and gave me a gift was not invited to the wedding! Embarassed
I feel terribly rude, but I obviously didn't have anything to do with the guest list.  Should I send her an invitation now, even though the wedding is only 3 weeks away?
Help!!

Re: Shower Snafu- help!!

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to.  Technically your FMIL was out of line to invite people who weren't invited to the wedding.

If you can it's a nice gesture to invite the aunt but it's also OK to say something like it was such a nice surprise to see her.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_shower-snafu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:dc30a3c2-13f3-4906-95b2-88503381db52Post:556af431-5e1b-4488-a2c1-8c8f15d2812e">Re: Shower Snafu- help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You don't have to.  Technically your FMIL was out of line to invite people who weren't invited to the wedding. If you can it's a nice gesture to invite the aunt but it's also OK to say something like it was such a nice surprise to see her.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto to this. It wasn't your doing so i wouldn't feel guilty. I would just send her a thank you note for her gift and say it was great to see her.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards