November 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding date. :(

Does anyone else feel like November is soooo far away. I love my date but something times i just wish that is would get here sooner. I wouldn't change the date because there isn't any other time I could see getting my entire family together but still I wish it was sooner :P
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding date. :(

• Options
    I feel the same way.  Time is moving SO slowly right now!  Everyone says it will be here in no time, but I'm just not seeing that perspective yet...
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    And I got a great deal on a DJ and I want to put the deposit down, but FI and even my mom were like oh don't worry about it we have plenty of time, and i keep saying Noooo we don't what happens if someone else comes and they don't hold the date :P and I can't get FI moving on picking a caterer. I know its still like 11 months away but I'd rather get something/someone I know and love rather than what I'm stuck with. And it will give us time to know how much to save once the rest of the payments are due. I asked him today, can't we just like move the date up to March? :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with booking the DJ now.  In fact, we were lucky we got some of the vendors we did because they really do book up fast.  We actually have just about everything done already.  Venue, DJ, photographer, MUA, hair stylist all booked.  All dresses ordered (mine actually came in today - yay!).  Flowers ordered (going to DIY artificial flowers), centerpiece materials purchased, shoes and accessories purchased.  Invitations ordered and received (just need the response cards once we determine the menu).  Wedding bands ordered and received.  I could go on and on.  I wanted to be sure to get things done early so I'm not overly stressed the month or two prior to our wedding!  Haha, we probably could move our wedding up if we really wanted to.  I really wanted a fall wedding though!  
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Haha that is amazing!! My mom and step dad bought my dress the weekend before last I am so in love with it!! I'm keeping it at their house, I'm sure if i kept it at my apartment one of two things would happen:
    A. FI would get into it.
    B. I would end up wearing it and dance around the house :P

Haha I haven't really shown it to anyone but omg I love it!!  And my Madre trying to work her camera on her phone lolol. Yeah the bottom picture is like the worst of me ever but I didn't know MIL was taking pictures C:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the same way!  And everytime I log onto the knot it gives me the countdown... 326 days to go!  When I think of how much I have to get done, between work, school, wedding planning and actually having a life, between now and then, it feels so short!!  But when I think of the wedding day and how excited I am to get to it and what it will be like to be all dressed up and ready for the day - it seems soooo far away!!
  • Options
    Yes, it seems like a really long time.  But I wouldn't dream of even thinking about changing the date.  I have so many DIY things to do, contracts to sign, etc.  I have been planning for my first grandbaby and she arrived on Saturday!  So that will no longer take away from wedding planning.  As soon as Christmas is over that will no longer take time away from working on my DIY projects!  Waiting for the venue contract is killing me!  I have to wait for that before I can decide on a caterer.
  • Options

For me it helps to think of it in months vs. days.  Since December is almost over and my date is November 3rd, it's only 10 months away!  Feels shorter to me...

• Options
    My date is Nov 3rd also. And like wedgirl853 I also think of it as months. 10 months to go!! It'll be here before we know it ladies! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My date is also November 3rd!!! We've been engaged since 4/29 so I've got all the big vendors out of the way already. I found it is best to book them early because you get better deals and you get to pick the vendors you want, not just who is available. I've already saved around 500.00 by pre-planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I understand how you feel, wanting to be married already. My FI has said many times, "why can't we just be married, already?" But I am feeling a bit pressed with the little time we do have to pull this off. Between both our full-time jobs, both of us being in school, (not to mention the book I am writing), the 11 months I have left doesn't seem like enough! And everyone mentioning all the things they have finished makes the time feel even shorter. A friend of mine told me to calm down and to enjoy this time. ( I think she's slightly crazy!)

As far as my planning, we are having a very small wedding. About the only things we are going to need to buy are clothes, food and invites. We are having the wedding at his parent's home, and are not serving dinner at the reception (as it falls on Thanksgiving evening). So honestly, I haven't really done anything except make decisions about what we want.
  • Options
    I agree getting your big vendors now is the way to go.  I already have a dj and is good to not have to worrie about those things. But I do wilsh it was going faster. I think once january is here it will start to fly by.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards