Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Destination wedding rehearsal dinner!!

Me and my fiance are getting married in Hawaii this coming April, with about 25 quest. My parents have offered to pay for the whole trip with a really nice reception in Hawaii. The grooms parents offered to pay for some of the trip and then backed out within the last few weeks. They also have not mentioned anything about helping out with the grooms dinner. I guess my question is: Is it rude of me just to go ahead and start planning the grooms dinner? Deep down inside i know they will back out on this too!!

Re: Destination wedding rehearsal dinner!!

• Options
    LinzstyleLinzstyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say if they haven't mentioned anything, plan it yourself.  FI's parents never brought this up for us either.  I know it used to be "typical" for the grooms parents to provide this, but I never expected it, so we just went ahead and planned it ourself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think your FI needs to talk with his parents to see if they will commit to doing this - at least give them the chance to step up if they want to.  Otherwise, plan your rehearsal dinner as if they aren't paying. You can't count on any commitment from them until you have cash in hand anyways.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards