Michigan-Lansing
Options

DO NOT GET YOUR BRIDAL GOWN FROM FANTASTIC FINDS IN LANSING, MI!!!!!

My sister ordered a beautiful Casablanca Bridal Gown from Fantastic Finds. She is typically a 2-4 in dresses. The sales women that helped her find her gown told her to get a size 6 because they wanted to make sure it was going to fit well. She also quoted that alterations would be about $150-300 on that particular dress. When the dress came in 3 months later, it was huge on her! She had to hold it up to keep it from falling down on her. My mother spoke with the manager and the management explained that there was nothing they could do because WE ordered the wrong size. We explained that is was the sale's person that recommended buying a size 6. They THEN quoted that it would be $450 for the alterations because of all the beading on the dress. They said AT MOST they could give us $25 off of the $450. This business was just looking to make money on alterations!! I DO NOT recommend that you purchase your gown here! They were the ones that said to order such a big size so we took their "professional" advice and did so. We asked if we could exchange it for a smaller size and they refused to do so. The alterations women was extremely rude from the very start of the appointment. On top of all of this, they then charged us $25 for a "pinning fee" explaining that they would have to remove all the pins that went into the dress during the appointment. Now, we are taking her gown to a local seamstress. I would not get your gown from here. There are PLENTY of other bridal stores that have much better customer service

Re: DO NOT GET YOUR BRIDAL GOWN FROM FANTASTIC FINDS IN LANSING, MI!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This is not the first complaint about this place. I have a friend that tried them. alterations were very poor workmanship.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know someone who had good luck there.  It seems like every store it just depends on the day!
  • Options
    sarcole530sarcole530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, this really surprises me. I went to Fantastic Finds for my bridal gown, bridesmaids dresses and tuxedos. I had an AMAZING experience with them. My sister also got all of her wedding party attire from them and had a great experience. Our alterations were a bit overpriced, so we went elsewhere. You don't HAVE to get your alterations from the place you buy your gown. You can go to other places in the area and get price estimates. I got my bridesmaids dress altered for $18.00 at a place in Okemos for my sister's wedding because it was a bit large. You just have to look around and compare prices. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I Agree!!! My consultant was awful!

I have been meaning to write a complaint letter to the owner of Fantastic Finds but have not done so yet!

I went to try on dresses, and first of all they cut the tags of the dresses do you don't know what designer you are trying on! Which I'm pretty sure is illegal!

Then when I found the dress I wanted, the consultant (Donna who was soo weird, rude and had no personality) she told me I need to order it today or else I won't get the dress. And she said "how would you feel if you came in tomorrow and this dress wasn't available"....nice scare tactics lady. Anyways, a couple weeks later I called to talk to a different consultant and they put Donna right back on the phone...I also asked what was the designer name of the dress and they said it was a "private label"....no it is not! I came to find out it is made by Emerald Bridal which can be found at a TON of other bridal salons...they only way I finally found the name of the designer was because I searched and searched online for the dress I had fell in love with!

So I found my same dress for $250 cheaper at Andrea's Bridal in Elkhart, IN!!!!!

Never stepping foot in Fantastic Finds again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards