Massachusetts-Boston
Options

mcelroy weddings video?

Has anyone used them? I don't have a lot to spend and after talking to them and looking at their work, they seem great but there are only a few reviews on line.  Does anyone have experience with them?
Thanks for your help! 

Re: mcelroy weddings video?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just watched a few samples.  Have you talked to them.  I like them I'm just wondering if the finished product you get will have any audio for the ceremony and speeches.  Those are things I'd want to hear not just watch.

Other than that question I think they look really good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked them for my August wedding.  Since the wedding hasn't happened yet, I don't have a review.  But so far they've been responsive and easy to work with.  The finished product does have audio for the ceremony and speeches.  I'm told the groom wears a wireless microphone during the ceremony in order to get the sound.  Here's hoping they're good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes - I actually had the same question.  There are some samples with audio and they actually do corporate work as well.  My gut tells me they are good, jus twish I knew more brides who had already used them!
  • Options
    GBroc22GBroc22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using them for my June wedding.  If you request full DVD samples from them, you can get a better idea of their work.  The DVD has ceremony and reception titles where audio of vows and speeches are heard.  I hear you on wishing there were more reviews!

After booking, they sent me a planning packet that asks for music requests for different parts of the DVD, or "natural audio" so you can request more natural audio rather than having music overlays.  They seem willing to work with you, so you can definitely voice your concerns about this to them :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also booked them and went to their office in Burlington and was impressed with their work. My wedding is in July and I'll keep you posted.
    work hard, play even harder!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used McElroy for my January wedding and couldn't be happier with my video.  Ben and his assistant were very nice.  When I posted my wedding "trailer" online, everyone was amazed and thought it was just awesome.  A lot of guests were also surprised because they didn't even remember me having a videographer as Ben was so unobtrusive while filming while still getting great shots that make it look as though he would have been right in the middle of everything.  I've gotten my full video and it is perfect.  I was really happy that I chose McElroy. 

As far as being able to hear the ceremony and speeches, they let us decide if we wanted natural sound for the ceremony and speeches--which we did.  So our video is edited with music during some of the chapters such as getting ready and the reception dancing parts.  But, our ceremony chapter is all real-time and natural sound as are the parts with the best man toasts, etc.
    imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards